Keto flu

Is it possible to be in keto flu in second week of keto? I use bone broth , MCT oil and Collagen. I thought I just had a virus but a co worker said could be keto flu.

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My understanding is keto flu should not last more than a week to ten days. I would go to the Dr. to be sure especially if you are meeting your Macros, getting enough rest and do not believe you are dehydrated.

• I also added a daily dose of potassium- magnesium and electrolytes 

I like Mio Sport 

• Got bumped out of ketosis a couple weeks back. Took a week to get back into ketosis. For the last week I have been really dizzy, so much so that I went to the Doctor. I was also panicking, because it felt exactly how I felt when I was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago. My electrolytes are within range and all my other markers look good.  Hopefully, you feel better soon!

Like 2
  • If I recall correctly I did not have the flu until the second week.  Add salt to everything :)

• Sharon
    • Sharon.27
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had Keto flu for about a month...I was a carb hound so it took longer for me to become fat adapted 

• Robert N. Bryant
    • Keto Coach and Webmaster
    • Ketogenicinfo
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes definitely. I would recommend a good keto flu electrolyte tonic. Apple cider vinegar, salt, lemon juice, cream of tartar, magnesium citrate. Get a sugar free electrolyte powder and add a scoop. Eat avocado and add salt to them and eat spinach. Spinach is high in potassium and magnesium.

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 133Views
  • 7 Following