Local Anesthetic or pain killers knocked me out of keto

So unfortunately I had 4 moles removed yesterday under local anesthetic as a precaution having had melanoma twice . I felt like some one had hit me with a sledge hammer and totally spaced after I  had the OP yesterday afternoon and until late this afternoon so for a 24 hr period after. 

I am now on co dydranamol for pain relief and suddenly noticed the keto taste has gone in my mouth. 

Urine test showing out of ketosis tonight ( I have been doing urine strips at night and in the morning first thing and the results showed I was in high deep purple ketosis up until today

- gutted witb the result as this is only week two and had done well my first week and only 3cweeks to my holiday and wanted to lose the weight 

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Or could it be stress that has knocked me out of ketosis as it was very emotional for me to go through again having had two malignant melanomas in the past.  

Shoukd add my carbs etc are still in line with my targets and carbs below 17 net so surely I should be on ketosis if under 30 net calories - so how do I get back on ketosis

• AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

karen it’s probably the stress. Don’t worry about the urine keto strip results, just stay on track with your eating and try to lower your stress level. Also, consider testing your blood ketones in the morning instead, they’re more accurate and ditch the urine strips. If your logging your measuring and meals and staying within your net carbs you’ll be fine. 

Like 1
    • karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

thank you AJQ think you are right -definitely feel more normal today - I am  logging and measuring everthing even a gram over of what ever it is  goes back in the packet  if it not the correct amount .

Am considering blood ketones as think this way of eating suits me even though I am only on week 2 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 63Views
  • 2 Following