New to the Keto plan and this forum

I am new to Keto and have been religiously following the plan for 19 days now.  I am 64 and weighed 272lbs when I first started the keto diet and have lost 12 -15 lbs so far. My target is to lose 60 pounds.  My Macro profile is regularly 75-80% Fat, 16-20% Protein, and 4-5% Carbs (never over 24g daily) with a  1200 - 1500 calorie intake each day.  I have stayed very active walking 5 miles each day in hilly terrain and lifting in the gym. How long should it take before I get to a very active level of ketosis?  I have used the test strips and I am only showing that I am on the low range.  What do you think I am doing wrong that may be keeping me out of full on state of ketosis?  Thanks for your help?

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Vickie
    • Vickie.7
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Are you tracking all your food & even your supplements? You are losing weight fairly quickly. You must be doing something right. Are you drinking a lot of water?

• Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don’t think you are doing anything wrong.  You are meeting your Macros, physically active and losing weight.  Don’t worry about the test strips.  Many never bother with them and are successful.  Congratulations on your progress 🎈

• Chris
    • Chris.58
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Gina Thank you! I just wasn’t sure  if I should be worried about the strip readings or not. Appreciate it!

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 24Views
  • 3 Following