Checking In

I'm on day 11 of a keto diet. I was keeping track of what I was eating for the first few days, but after a lot of internet research I realized how important it is to keep track of how much I am eating. The keto calculator I found says I need 1640 calories a day, with 112 grams of protein, 123 grams of fat, and 20 grams of carbs. I'm finding it hard to eat that much so I bought some cream cheese to boost my fat. 112 grams a protein seems like a lot, more than I usually eat. I can see that my diet was pretty much carb-centric! I can eat noodles galore, but more than one piece of chicken, nope. Anyway I'm writing it all down. I have an auto-immune disease and despite exercising until the cows come home my weight continued to increase. My lipids and triglycerides are high so I am also taking Berberine. I haven't weighed myself but the ketostix are deep purple for the last several days (if that means anything). I'll be using this site for inspiration, hope and support!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Logging your food is a lot of work, but the time and effort pay off. It keeps you focused and allows you to see where you need to adjust. Every night I log the next days food so I know if I have the correct mix of carbs, protein and fats. If not, then I adjust my choices until it fits within my targets. By doing this there is no guess work the next day. I eat what I planned! Good luck on your journey. 

Like 1
    • SALLY
    • SALLY.19
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for your reply! Today is day 15. Still going strong. Not as tired. Figuring it all out. Seems those number of fat and protein are the limit, not required amount. I do wake up with a grumbly stomach but it passes. No more cravings. If there are, they're in my head. Old habits die hard 😄

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 31Views
  • 1 Following