Swerve

Hey guys! I have been using the sugar substitute Swerve in my recipes and I understand that the carbs are coming from the sugar alcohol Erythritol and isn’t absorbed into the body. My question is... when I input recipes with swerve in it, it counts against my total carbs. How do I input it without it going against my total carbs?  Hope this makes sense! :)

12replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Make sure you have the sugar alcohol info in there? It should negate the sugars I believe. 

Like 1
    • GG Hadden
    • Paramedic, mom, wife, dog lover
    • gghadden
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Following.   When I enter it it shows 5 carbs for me 😕

• Jetgo1000
    • Jetgo1000
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I think it still counts them as part of the total carbs, just not toward your NET carbs. 

Like 1
    • Nita
    • Nita
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Total carbs - fiber + half of the sugar alcohols = net carbs, aka diabetes carbs .  This app calculates it for you in the daily in-depth tab. 👍

When I use Swerve, it triggers cravings.  However, Stevia doesn't.  I will do a glucose test on these at some point. 

Like 2
  • I asked my husband to pick up some stevia for me, I was running out, he bought Apriva.  Does anyone one if this is acceptable for the Keto diet?

• Joanna thank you!!!  I like the Swerve taste more than Stevia. Luckily I only get sugar cravings during ‘that time’ ... :)

• Watch Dr Berg on YouTube on sugar substitutes. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have found Erythrotol is the bomb on sweetners. I tell you what, I don’t have that stevia after taste, and after watching keto connect and their vid on YouTube about testing blood ketones and blood sugars, this is the sweetner for me! Tastes slightly less sweeter than real sugar, no weird after taste. I will not buy anything else. Now I must try to find a liquid form to whip up in my heavy cream!

• Badmojomn swerve

• Even though swerve is touted as the zero calorie zero carb sugar, in truth it is not. If you go to Swerve web site you will in fact find that it does contain calories. I believe those calories are around 44 calories per cup, I'm not sure I can't remember off the top of my head. The website does state that there is less than 5 calories per serving. Which is why it can be called zero calorie. But when you're serving is one teaspoon, that's kind of deceiving

• I imported keto pecan bars into the app. It calculated very high in carbs-not sugar alcohols, I revised the recipe by deleting the swerve and it dropped to 1.8 net carbs. Why is carb manager assigning carbs to swerve?  Should I be assigning carbs to swerve in my diet? @carbmanager

• Strive2B Healthy
    • Surviving isn’t enough, exceed your expectations
    • Strive2B_Healthy
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Nita  Great info thanks and I also you Stevia and works out well. Any good recipes? 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 655Views
  • 12 Following