Not seeing results! What am I doing wrong?

I’ve been doing this for approx 6 weeks now and my scale has not budged. I can weigh morning and night with no difference. I’m keeping my carb count to under 20 most days, sometimes even lower. My Keto sticks are hard to read. A peach color says negative and a very light pink shows a trace? I can’t tell if I’m in ketosis or not! I have a very busy work day- on my feet and moving all day.  I drink between 8 and 12 glasses of water a day. I feel better but wish I could see some results! I’m using this app to track everything I eat and most days I’m right on in my ratios of carbs/fats/proteins.... any advice?? Are there products out there to accelerate this process? Or do I need to adjust my ratios of more exercise... idk what to do! Any advice is appreciated!

15replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I am new to keto but did a lot of research and one thing I read that you can try is keto salts to help put you in ketosis. I don't know if it works or not because I am on day 5 and just getting used to this diet.

• Measure you're waist. Inches are important factor and your may be in ketosis. Go to Wal-Mart and get ketone strips at their pharmacy. Put the scale in a closet and get out the measuring tape.  The scale you can use once a month. Question what are you eating ?

Like 4
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sigh 🤔

hi there - at 6 weeks, you should be showing more than trace. Urine sticks are not super accurate. You may want to focus on a total carb count, and see if there is hidden carbs in some items you are eating. Low carb wrap are off my list. To much almond flour, etc or higher carb veg could be a culprit. 

Like 2
  • I am doing keto too.  Although we are told not to count calories I find it is very easy to overeat on keto and low carb. I have had to take more notice of this because I was not losing. It’s really obvious that if one eats more than one uses up in metabolism, output etc then no weight will be lost. Perhaps this isn’t what is happening for you but I mention it because this was the answer for me. Some of the recipes are very high calorie. Eg Diet Doctor has a chicken casserole that is over 600 cals. per serve. 

Please don’t all attack me for this, I’m trying to be helpful. :-)

Like 7
  • Wow lots of water go to Dr. Berg on YouTube.  He educates on the ketogenic diet.  I have lost 30 pounds by watching his education ok ketosis and keto and body type's.  Check it out. 

Like 2
  • Badmojomn thank you- I feel like I already am tracking my carbs... is there a different way to calculate? 

Like 1
  • emberesfordde98 my calorie intake isn’t that high- most days it’s 1200-1400- sometime up into the 1600 but those are pretty active days. Thanks for the reply!

Like 1
  • Mairlyn pedersen are you not supposed to drink much water on this? I haven’t seen slot of information on that aspect I guess. 

• You are drinking a lot of water Dr. Berg  addresses this in his videos on YouTube. You may be expelling out all potassium and sodium Including ketones. He explains it better than I do. He has been in practice for 27 years and I have followed his recommendation and lost 30 pounds and lost  inches first. I stopped drinking so much water and learned to recognize when I'm really thirsty.  I'm still drinking water but I put  fresh  lemon juice and Stevia in it. Follow Dr Berg he is excellent and has videos on why you may not be dropping weight.  This process is life changing and not a quick fix. I had how to learn how to eat. Are you doing intermittent fasting?  I'm now eating one meal a day. I have no carvings for carbs or sugar. My body loves clean eating 😀

Like 3
  • Mairlyn 

Having a few dyslexia moments in the above post sorry for the spelling.😐

Like 1
    • ejpjr
    • ejpjr
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had this same problem and what caused it for me was that I was consuming too much protein and not enough fat. I changed my ratios and BAM... the weight is dropping again.

If you want to test your ketone levels do not use keto sticks. They only test for excess ketones and some people will show trace amounts with a urine test even though they are in full blown ketosis. A blood or breath test will give you a more accurate result.

Like 1
    • innkeeper
    • innkeeperwayfarer39fd
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Mairlyn pedersen  I watch everything he posts myself.  Very informative.  I think it's important not to eat any processed foods.  If we keep it fresh from the market and organic as much as possible, things should move along just fine.  Also, if I do buy something in a can or packaged, I make sure to look not only at the carb numbers but at the ingredients as well.  Lots of hidden carbs hiding there.

Like 1
  • ejpjr Where can you find inexpensive blood or breath tests

• ssaustin5
    • ssaustin5
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

emberesfordde98 I think that was/is my issue too. My first week, I was around 35-40 net carbs (I realize that was high-as a side note: didn'tget keto flu, just one night leg cramps), I've whittled it down to low 20s diabetic carbs. Keeping fats high,  rarely too high protein. Starting 3rd week (ish) and MAYBE down 2 pounds. Measurements are the same. Am I frustrated-yep, BUT I am NOT hungry!! So forging on, I will AND try to keep calories around 1000. Let's see how that goes.

• tupelo_honey195c7a 

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 470Views
  • 9 Following