Accuracy of nutritional information

I've been using the nutritional information from the Carb Manager site but not getting results expected.  Started checking and appears not accurate, example:  for the item "Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon by Nature's Promise" the website indicates zero cars for 2 slices or even up to six slices.  However, when looking at package is says 2 carbs per 2 slices so now I"m wondering if my counting is all out of whack.  

I'm interested in the premium version but if the nutritional info. is not accurate that pretty much nixes the value.....

What have you found?

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • So net carbs equals total carbs minus fiber...so if the label says 2g carbs and 2g fiber per serving, it equals 0 net carbs...I am premium and have found items fairly accurately represented on the app

Like 1
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've submitted multiple corrections but it's hard to tell if the info really goes anywhere or gets corrected, the reporting interface is not great.

Like 1
  • if you don't like the accuracy on Carb Manager then DO NOT every try MFP - I left it because anybody can add to the database so you get wildly varying nutritional data for the same item - I find Carb Manager to be accurate, at least they recognise the issue & have processes in place to fix things (e.g.: validating corrections before they're published; notifying you if someone has made corrections & allowing you to view it) - whether or not these are all working well I can't say, but they seem to have a solid base.

• Found this thread looking for how to even FIND the food datsbase. I am premium. Need her

• When I am doubting the accuracy of an item,I scan the item, and make sure the inputs are correct. I do not mind adding the info myself, straight from the package of whatever item I am eating g to endure it's accuracy.

There are some items, such as a fast food burger minus bun,that we have to hope for the system to have it accurate.

Yes you will find little hiccups. But your ow. Resuearch can correct that.

• I was told that the nutrional info , on some foods, especially bacon is off because on the package, that is what the nutritional content is before cooking,  Fat content uncooked is very different from fat content when cooked with bacon. Maybe it is something to do with this.  

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 871Views
  • 7 Following