Leafy Green Vegetables

Dr. Berg's recommendation is 5% carbs, another 5% leafy greens and cruciferous veggies, and I REALLY WISH there were a way to track that in Carb Manager.  What I have done is set my carbs to 10% but that doesn't separate them out.  If I don't count the leafy greens, it messes up my recipes.  There must be a way - maybe a check box where we could flag the food item as a "Berg Veggie" or something?

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • SUSAN
    • SUSAN.17
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes, please create a way to track KETO’s Dr Berg’s inclusion of green leafy vegetables to daily Carb count, separate to other Carbs tracked. As per my own Doctor’s orders, without doing so, it’s unhealthy to eat less or  limit greens from Keto in order to keep the overall Carb count within your limits. Selecting or deselecting an option for doing so in your SETUP would be best .

Like 3
  • SUSAN Hi just now started all this for health reasons..and yes now know about Dr Berg also..thanks to an informative gym goer. I have a tremendous amt of weight to lose..and will not take any of the surgeries..period. So far been doing good and now with keto should be doing better.

You all are doing an amazing job..can't wait till I can say so as well..

Blessings,....k

Like 2
    • SUSAN
    • SUSAN.17
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Krishna that’s great that you’re on Keto now too. As a Cancer survivor of 4.5 years I know that eating broccoli, arugula, and leafy greens is a must, no matter whether or not Carb Manager has it dialed in properly for us to track correctly.  My real goal is to get my BMI reading way down. The weight  loss is a benefit of the lower BMI and visa versa. I’d like to be in ketosis all the time but if not because of these leafy greens, then as long as my weight and BMI continue to come down, I’m a happy camper. 

• SUSAN Thank you Susan for your response...It feels so good to actually talk to someone..who sees things as I do.  It is a tough road, but I know I will be better for it.  It takes a lot of adjustment and I am willing to do it.

Just the only thing is...The Holidays are here!!!!  I will still enjoy, and stay away from wheat as much as I can, and have everything else in moderation.  Perhaps if I load up on heavy veggies and lots of water it won't be that bad, except my mom is a great cook.

Blessings,

K

• SUSAN
    • SUSAN.17
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

krishna kies totally agree. Holidays over the next 2 months are going to be difficult to say the least and a true test of will. Having come this far and losing 16 lbs, I just cannot let it slide backwards. So like you, pass the veggies please and I’ll be adding a lot of Holiday coffee drinks to my dessert list instead of the usual fare.  Yuuum! We can do this. 

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I agree that it would be nice to be able to subcategorize carb sources.  Even if I count greens among my 15 carb limit, I'd like to have a longitudinal sense of the source of the carbs.  I'd like to be sure that at least half my carbs are coming from veggies, and while you can count that on your fingers (and toes) on your daily log, it would be great to have at a glance.

• Hi, I don't know if this is an answer for any of you, but this is what I did.

I went to the foods list and clicked on the add (plus) tab on the top right.

I chose custom foods.

I created the custom food as Leafy Greens Not Counting Carbs and made it a 1 cup serving and also made it zero carbs.

It's not perfect, but it makes me feel better to put them in there and not have the carb manager say that I'm over my carbs for the day.

Like6 Follow
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 196Views
  • 7 Following