Feeling blue

Hi all, little disappointed with my results but here goes.  

H  5'6"

SW 204lbs on Jul 24

CW 205.2lbs on Sep 16

GW was 165lbs but being more realistic at 185lbs

Folk say they can see a difference in my face and body.  I'm too blue to notice after reading everyones loss on here...safe to say the scale is not my friend ☹️

13replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Kimbizee
    • Kimbizee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My macros are set at 5:25:70 with a daily 1,200 cal.  Please help, any suggestions are welcome!

• migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It’s really hard to know. If your metabolism is out of whack it takes time to heal. Your calories may be too low.  Are your carbs consistently low, are you meeting your protein requirements, are you using too much dairy as your source of fat?   Are you exercising?  Just keep calm and keep on,  if you notice a change in your face and body the loss will eventually show.  

• Kimbizee
    • Kimbizee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

655721be-5539-3262-9b01-1953484d9fa5 thanks for taking the time to reply.  I don't do dairy so most of my fat is MCT oil in my coffee and olive oil in salads etc.  I meet my 5,000 steps a day if not over.  Will persevere ... 

• Jppm
    • Jppm
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kimbizee  I can see where you'd be frustrated.  We need that scale for evidence!  Maybe your body is just working on something else.  The only advice I have, as a newb but heavily doctored person, is to please go have a full range blood workup done after being on the program for 3 or 4 months without weight loss.  There may be something hiding there that you need to know about.  Make sure all of your mineral and vitamin needs are being met.  My doc is all for giving it a try, but I know i have to get checked twice a year for a while because of a bunch of stupid issues.

Persevere, don't disappear!

Like 1
    • Kimbizee
    • Kimbizee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jppm thanks for taking the time to reply.  Thanks too for the good advice, will certainly persevere and follow up with the Doc should I need to.

• Kimbizee
    • Kimbizee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

How do different medications and vitamin tablets affect this, should I be adding those?

• What are your carbs at? Many people consume a lot of carbs and only count the net. Dr. Westman says when they have patients who struggle to lose that they see results with people who limit their daily carb intake to 20 total, not net, but total. I've seen where folks eat Keto junk food and they only have 16 net carbs but ate nearly 70 total carbs. I have found for myself that when I limit myself to 20 total or less that I see results. 

• migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kimbizee 

I think you’re overthinking this:)  Unless you want to take a gummy form of vitamin which probably has sugar,  you’re ok.  As for medications Consult your doctor.  

• Kimbizee
    • Kimbizee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

robert. m. mahoney thanks for your input.  I did have it at Diabetes and someone suggested I try Net.  Can reset it if you think will help.  I'm open to anything right now.

• Kimbizee
    • Kimbizee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

655721be-5539-3262-9b01-1953484d9fa5 thanks for taking the time to reply.  Was only a thought that crossed my mind.  Despondency has my mind working overtime to ascertain where the problem lies.

• migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kimbizee 

It will be okay,  keep it simple and keep going.  This is my lifestyle for almost 3 years.  All I’ve ever done is limit my carbs to a certain number of grams, always make sure I eat all my protein every day, and add fat  mostly through food choices such as fatty meats, Greek yogurt, nuts/seeds, and nut butters. Cook with healthy oil.  Get out and move every day.  Don’t be despondent you’ve already taken the hardest step, you’re doing something!  God bless!!

Like 1
    • Kimbizee
    • Kimbizee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

655721be-5539-3262-9b01-1953484d9fa5 you are an inspiration, thank you so much for the encouragement ❤️

• Kimbizee I mean, really, what could it hurt? True, you have to be a bit stricter then you are now, but of you are following keto then it shouldn't be to hard.

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 13Replies
  • 121Views
  • 4 Following