Protein

I have the fat and fiber down now need some advise on how to get more protein without a lot of fat I have bulletproof coffee about 10am and am good till 5pm

the coffee gives me half my fat and I have celery and cream cheese for a snack

thank you all

13replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joan
    • Joan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

What is bulletproof coffee? I need more protein too. Quest bars and meat/chicken are still not  enough

• ArdRi
    • ArdRi
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joan you add butter and coconut or MCT oil to your coffee. I tried some butter the other day and it was too oily for me. But a lot of people like it. 

Like 1
    • ArdRi
    • ArdRi
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

White fish (cod etc) is low fat. Boneless & skinless chicken breast is also low in fat. 

Like 1
    • EKR1959
    • EKR1959
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have the opposite problem, can easily over-eat protein.   Some lower-fat proteins you could add in may be fish/seafood, shrimp, tuna, chicken breast tenderloin

Like 1
    • Cscilley
    • cscilley
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You need fat and protein.  You really do not need fiber.  Do not be afraid of fat.

• ArdRi if the coffee is oil it most likely because your not putting it in the blende. It’s perfect when you take the time to do this. 

• Sly8913
    • Sly8913
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

EKR1959  I’m with you. I have no problems keeping under 19 grams net carbs. But balancing my protein and fat macros is killing me. I am taking in about 10 % more protein than I should and it needs to move over to fat. I’m doing MCT oil and avacados galore. Other things as well but it is a battle. Never thought I would get tired of eating avocados.  I’m getting there. Lol

Like 1
    • Sly8913
    • Sly8913
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cscilley I have to take fiber supplements daily. Otherwise I have serious issues. Some people need it more than others. The body’s Brillo pad. 

• I am good with carbs and fat, I just need to increase protein. I have frozen cod fish in the freezer along with Mesquite grilled chicken breast. I get my fat from olives, pork skin, and nuts. 

• Slim
    • slim
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sly8913 

why are you worried about protein ?

• Slim
    • slim
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cscilley you do need fiber for your digestion. And heart health. Eat leafy green vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli , Spiache etc. stay away from starches including legumes

• Sly8913
    • Sly8913
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Slim  because too much unused protein turns into glucose. 

“Excess amino acids must be converted into other storage products or oxidized as fuel. Therefore, in theory, the excess ingested protein could, through the process of gluconeogenesis, produce glucose. This would mean that 100 g of protein could produce ~50 g of glucose.”

Like 1
    • Tria
    • Tria
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, cooked ham slices

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 13Replies
  • 214Views
  • 10 Following