Metric

Hi there,

Firstly, I am loving the app!

One thing that would help me over here in the UK would be to increase the possible numbers that it’s possibke to select, specifically when adding the weight of items. For example, although it’s great that grammes and kilos are available, I have nevertheless ended up having to try and convert into pounds and ounces. For example I couldn’t work out how to add an item weighing 225g because it’s only possible to select numbers between 1-99 and my maths isn’t good enough to work out what percentage 225g is of 1kg and so I ended up converting it to approx 8lb. 

Have I missed a section where it’s possible to do this? Am I just being stupid?

Thanks!

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I’ve asked technical support for the same, much prefer the older way of typing in the size rather than using this new wheel feature.

Like 2
    • josie0695
    • josie0695
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

NOT a fan of the wheel! Ugh!

Like 1
    • Heidid
    • Heidid
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Although it isn't obvious, you can type in your numbers. (I'm on the Android app, so no idea if the iOS version is different). Enter your food as usual, but when you are on the screen to adjust the amounts and measurement (1 stick, 1 gram, etc) look in the top right corner and tap the 3 dots icon. On the menu that pops up, go to the bottom & choose "keyboard entry mode" and it will let you type a number. I discovered this almost by accident, but it's definitely helpful for those higher numbers. (Honestly, if I have to scroll past about 25, I'd rather type. the scroll-wheel selector takes too long.)

Like 1
    • josie0695
    • josie0695
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@heidid Very helpful information! Thanks 😊

• Jenks
    • Jenks
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Heidid Thank you! I will definitely try this

Like1 Follow