What’s going on?

I started keto on 12/6...by 12/13, I had lost 11 lbs. unfortunately I gained back 3 lbs and have been at the same weight for 2 weeks!!. I have followed to a T! 75% fat 5% carbs eating less than 18 carbs per day. I am sticking with it because I love it but when will the weight begin to drop again???? It’s frustrating because I thought I would be down 20 lbs by the new year.  I am even doing intermittent eating inside an 8 hour window. 

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Fitover50
    • Fitover50
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey Tammi just starting back on track with keto.  Trying to stay focused and within my goal. I  do intermittent fasting as we. Feel off the wagon. But back on it now. 

• Hi Tammi, I'm no expert but responding anyway. Make sure you also stay within your calorie range. That could be the culprit if your taking in too many calories. If that's not the case... I know some keto folks say you have to tweak to get the right macros for your body to lose...if you started IF that should certainly help and maybe just give it a little more time. I hear others say they don't lose for couple weeks then 'bam' they lose several pounds all of a sudden. Please don't give up...I'm sure you will find success if you stick with it! 🤗 It's wonderful when you find a plan that's liveable!

• Though I'm not doing "Keto" - I call it "Keto-ish", lol - I find some fluctuation as well. I make progress in spurts.  25lbs in 6 months, 3 of them on this site/program.  I JUST noticed a difference in my face yesterday.  Stay the course, you're doing great, Tammi!!!

• ARY
    • ARY.6
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Its called post induction stall syndrome. U are losing fat but gaining water weight. Very common during 2-3 weeks look up on reddit.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 92Views
  • 5 Following