Atkins Endulge treats - Thumbs up or down?

Anyone have an opinion on the Atkins treats?  Cutting back on all carbs has me craving sugar and these seem to help.  Not sure if I'm plateauing from the treats or just plateauing. I started with 18lbs. to lose, lost 8 and today was back up about 1 1/2. I've been on the diet for almost 6 weeks. Kind of discouraging  because I lost 4 the first week.  

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Saphelps
    • Saphelps
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I think it depends on your body. If I eat too many of any treat like things like that I stall. So I limit myself to 30 total carbs which reduces the amount of these treats I can eat. I hope that helps.

Like 1
    • Rick
    • Rick.17
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello @cyndie.1,   The best advice is to proceed with caution with the Atkins Endulge Treats.  I picked up a box of the chocolate coconut bars and they made me want to revert to a 5 yr old, hide under the table, and eat the whole box!

I searched and found a few discussions regarding one of the ingredients, Maltitol, which is a sugar alcohol,  Generally, the net carb calculation subtracts sugar alcohols which gives Atkins the net 2 carbs for this bar.  On the healthline site,  they state only a portion of the sugar alcohols should be subtracted from the total carbs, depending on which one was used.  They recommend to remove half of the sugar alcohols with Maltitol . So, that would change the net carbs to 6.  (Total carbs 19 - fiber 9 -  1/2 of sugar alcohols 4) .

With that information, the single bar is now about 1/3 of my daily limit for net carbs.  Now, I look the other way when I pass them in the store.

Good luck,

Rick

• Supermom
    • Supermom.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Avoid them.  If you follow your macros, you won't need any snacks.  Have a piece of cheese instead. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 88Views
  • 4 Following