traveling on keto

I am fairly new to keto but I am comfortable staying keto around home.  However in 2  weeks we are leaving for a once in a lifetime vacation - we are going to Israel.

It is a hiking tour so I know that I will get my exercise in but that is all I know. I do not know where or what we will be eating. I am fairly sure that I will even find foods that I have never seen before - leave alone know what the prep and carb count is, 

Because we will spend most of the days in the wilderness, internet is a no go. I will be totally away from my comfortable keto for 2 weeks. Any suggestions or help, please

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Your trip sounds amazing.  I think you can only try and make the best choices from what is available. Take along some keto friendly trail food like low carb nuts, moon cheese and jerky.  Try to stick with protein, fat and low carb vegetables whenever possible.  

Do not let it interfere with your trip. It sounds like you are going to be getting a lot of exercise, so make sure you eat enough.   You can always refocus when you return home. 

Like 2
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 92Views
  • 2 Following