Food combinations

Assuming 20 net carbs a day should a guy eat more fat or protein?

how many grams of fat and protein should a guy be eating a day?

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Perry
    • Perry
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have my protein set to  25% of my calories and the rest in fat which for me is 70% of calories. Go through the app settings, Carb Managers Macros give you a good starting point then you can make adjustments for what works best for you.

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This depends on if your ketogenic or low carb. Perry has is quite about right but I would start more protein or you could loose muscle mass for a man. This all depends on if your lifting weights, cardio excercise or sitting behind a desk most of the day. Focus on the carbs for now, your just starting out and you may experience hunger if the protein is to low at first. Put in a nutshell, you shouldn't let yourself be hungry starting out. Eat all the red meat you want with fats. Add butter to everything and good oils. I had spells of increased hunger starting out on " the wheel" figured out later here from Joanna just need to get you past keto flu and fat adaption if your going to stick to keto. Keto is 20 net or less a day. Carve out the carbs for a bit and eat moderate protein and high fat until you feel satisfied at the table. Get the urine sticks from the pharmacy or online, it's a great low cost gauge at first. Make sure to get mineral and potassium supplements and salt your foods and lots of water. You may have a flu like feeling once your body wakes up to the adaption. Pefectly normal but sometimes not pleasant. Try to avoid all alcohol first few weeks or more. I had an insaciable appetite at first. Felt like eating everything and caving in. So I ate a lot of macadamia nuts and pecans with different cheeses and spreads. If your still hungry, up the calories for now. This can be decreased later as Perry mentioned. Soon you may forget to eat which is normal- we just go with it".  

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Also to add. Fat should always be higher than your protein. Eventually in ketogenic, it will help fuel your body along with your body fat. If your working out, this requires a more strict counting of protein counts, and fats. 

Like 1
  • I did have the app messed up and figured out how to fix it

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 174Views
  • 3 Following