Is there another solution?? Salads, Soups and Stews that constantly change, somewhat, daily.

Food Tracking app tip... I hope it's of use to someone...

One of the FRUSTRATIONS with tracking food items in a food tracker is the process for itemizing complex meals that may not have the same ingredients each time you make them. My "Big-Ass Salad" (as Mark Sisson refers to them) is going to be different each time I eat it and I could have any combination and permutation of maybe 20 or more ingredients. Who wants to search for items (even from your Favorites list) and build a new salad in your tracker each time!?

So, this is what I do in Carb Manager...

I create a "Meal" (we'll say a salad for this example but it could be stew or soup or whatever) and each time I eat that salad I will ADD the item that is new to this day's salad... like artichoke hearts for example. BUT if I am NOT using an item this time, like tomatoes, which I eat often in my salads, I KEEP the item in the meal item list, BUT I ZERO the item amount out.

So, NEXT time I have a salad with tomatoes, it's there in my meal list and I don't have to search and add it. I simply put the new amount in (or zero it out) for that day's particular mix of salad.

I don't know if any other food tracker app is more intuitive or helps in this way, I've not used Cronometer for instance but complex meals that are similar each day, but always changing slightly, has always been a challenge.

This process needs to be streamlined... less messy... quicker... and easier on the brain!

Reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 70Views
  • 1 Following