Week 1 - Just getting started!

I am beginning a new journey today.  When I hit 40 my life seem to fall apart; mainly my health.  One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was carrying around a second person; and let me tell you, she needs to find her own way around.  I am tired of the pain from my added weight, tired of the medications due to illnesses caused by my not taking care of myself, the list is endless.  I was watching a show on Netflix that got me to thinking; "The Magic Pill" .  I have given some serious thought to taking charge and changing my life; so here we are.  

11replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Lor
    • Lor
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am in my first week also. It’s been a bit overwhelming and time consuming. I’m still looking for a yummy coffee creamer. I miss my old coffee taste. 

• Lor how do I start. Do I have to stay on the meal pl a n. Help

• Junebug
    • Junebug.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lor if you like chocolate coffee, Keto Orgain is the best, has MCT and Collegen and tastes good. 

• Junebug
    • Junebug.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Maria Stanley there are tons of recipes out there for keto and they are pretty good.  So you can make your own meals if you like.  If you are somoene who likes to follow a plan as you feel you get better results out there than yes, follow a plan.

• Junebug
    • Junebug.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am 51, started Keto just over a month ago.  In menopause and also have Hashimotos so constantly battled fatigue and such.  In just one month I feel great since eating this way.

Like 2
  • Junebug 

• Lor i use flavored coffee or helps

• Sher G
    • KetoDream
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I make my own creamer with 1 tbs heavy cream, tiny bit of Stevia, and either Vanilla, Orange extract, or ground cloves.  Better than plain

Like 1
    • Geeohjo
    • Geeohjo
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Junebug  Hello!  I'm 52 going through menopause and today is week 3.   We're practically twins!  LOL I feel better also but I'm still dragging my energy isn't fully back yet.  It's starting to be a drag. Not giving up!

Like 1
    • Mary
    • Mary.80
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You came to the right place! I've done Keto before and stopped but that's another story. Since I found Carb Manager I see choices and support that helps so much. I wish you the best in your journey. It sounds to me that you want it bad enough to just do it!

• LeticiaNJ
    • LeticiaNJ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lor coconut oil in the coffee works very well

Like 1
Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 11Replies
  • 65Views
  • 9 Following