Why is there a non-keto low carb category? It's full of keto

Just wondering if I'm the only person not doing keto since this almost all keto questions (despite it saying to post keto stuff to the keto category). I'm low carb but I cant afford all the stuff to go keto. Meters and pee sticks and oils. Pretty discouraged with all these weight loss sites. If you aren't keto there is no place for you. 

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Sharon
    • Sharon.23
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You don’t have to buy anything besides food to be on Keto.  I don’t test I don’t buy any scales or manufactured foods.  I’ve lost 90lbs in less then a year.  If you google portions it’ll give you visuals or sometimes they have scales at $ stores.   Stick to the plan follow carb Manager and you’ll lose.  There’s plenty of groups on FB too.  Good luck🙂

I’d imagine it’s mostly keto because, it’s easy to follow and it is low carb..

• migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same here, in maintenance and after initial pee strips ($6-7), didn’t buy anything else.  I eat low carb, some days really low, some days  higher.  There is no such thing as keto foods anyway. Ketosis is a metabolic state and not necessary for weight loss. It does  have it’s perks for sure but I go by how I feel and not worried about ketosis. I think unless you have very specific health issues, it’s not necessary. 

• Missy112
    • Missy112
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am doing low carb not keto. I am losing about a pound a week consistently. I use this app to record amounts and try not to worry about fat and calories. I have one kidney, so I have to remain cognizant about protein. Hope that help.

Like 2
    • Aspieb
    • Aspieb
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am not doing keto ether. I was looking forward to a non/keto group. Thought for sure this would be it since it’s right there in the heading. 

Like 2
    • kmkmkm
    • kmkmkm.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’m not on keto. I allow myself anything from 40 to 80grams of carbs a day, and since I have lots of social and business commitments, I go over a lot. However, I’ve been steadily losing weight and am really happy with my progress. Just recording my food helps a lot. 

For me, it’s basically about portion control, and not eating carb centeric food like pasta, rice bowls or  sammies. I sometimes crave potato chips or toast, in which case I allow myself a small amount (like a tablespoon or 2).  I eat fruits for dietary fiber because I hate being constipated. 

Different strokes for everyone. Stick to what you believe in yourself and you’ll get there. Good luck!

• Dana
    • Dana.18
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm also low(er) carb and not keto.  I focus on staying under 80 of NET carbs and within my calorie limit for the day.  I also focus on HEALTHY fats and not HIGH fat foods.  I'm premium and I've connected my activity tracker to CM.  If I'm very active  on any given day,  I also eat back my exercise carbs/calories.  I want to be healthy not skinny.  I've dabbled in tracking my food here but without any consistency.  It's time to get serious now.  I'm starting today. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 91Views
  • 7 Following