Carb ups

Anyone doing carb-ups (cyclical keto)?  How do you feel after one to two days of carbing up? Do you find it hard to go back to keto ? 

Been on keto for 3 months.. havent hit my goal weight but have plateaued for the last month. Thinking of carb-ups due to hair loss. 

Would love to hear your experiences! 

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lowcarbdieter4a5a I had hair loss for about one year, which is normal apparently according to some google research. I stopped using high protein shampoos with coconut, and starting to have a carb up day once a week, not the whole day, but for me it helped slow it down. I have been on Keto just over 1 year, and noticed significant hair loss, stopped the shampoo- went to a non sulfate Regis brand, ate more carbs a day a week, like low carb wraps, sweet potato, etc. Everyone is different, but try maybe seeing what your shampoos are made of, and 1 carb up day then back to the original plan the next day. I had so much hair rolling off my head, it was everywhere, I was even afraid to prepare food!

• Badmojomn  has your hair grown back?  What worked better for you: alternating your carb up days (one day carb up next day not ), only a carb up once a week or having a carb up everyday? 

Was this hard on your body? 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lowcarbdieter4a5a I can’t really tell if it grew back, possibly. I have new hair growth so it must be. I would carb up 1 time week, or so. Your question about hard on my body, not sure what your asking there. If you mean a carb up, no, it’s sort of a refeed, so my thyroid probably loved it. I just try to carb up with paleo or lower carb items, not carbage like sugar and flour. Some sweet potato fries, maybe even a couple white potato, popcorn, etc. I added multiple supplements of b’s and minerals, ox bile tabs, e, everything I could imagine. Minerals helped I think  

• CHDevil
    • Advocating against keto-myths.
    • CHDevil
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    lowcarbdieter4a5a said:
    Thinking of carb-ups due to hair loss. 

Jebus. And when I think of all the purists advocating NO carbs, NO fruits, I am about to go bald myself - just by agonizing about it.

Horrible. One can still be in ketosis at around 50 or even 100gs, so why are people preferring to go bald ?

Thanks for the heads up!

Also... I'm 9 months late but planning on cycling as well.

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 183Views
  • 4 Following