Lipid profile changes/lack of weight loss - help?

I'm a bit new to being keto-committed, say 2 months or so.  I'm also incorporating intermittent fasting into my daily routines.  Most days, I do 16:8 at least, and sometimes more.  Last week, I had a few days of only eating once a day.  I have a couple of concerns.

1.  I haven't lost a pound.  Why?

2.  My endocrinologist called me to give me my lab results, and was concerned about my elevated triglycerides and cholesterol.  These were my numbers:

Total cholesterol: 254

HDL: 64

LDL: 134

Triglycerides: 265

VLDL: 53

She's threatening to put me on statins.  I don't want that!

I'm also a type 1 diabetic with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  I'm on NatureThroid and control my diabetes with an insulin pump.  My blood sugars are excellent on this diet.  But I'm wondering why no weight loss, and why my lipid panel is worse.  Does anyone have any thoughts for me?  Any insights appreciated!

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Oh yeah, I'm 35 years old and I'm trying to lose about 50 pounds of baby weight.

• KC
    • seashell_station
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

that test sounds 'whacked' - try a different lab, especially since your HDL is good and your LDL is good. Stay away from statins!

Are you measuring your food, or you eye-balling it? What is your calorie intact on usual days? Are you going too low on food intake? Is your protein too high?

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My cholesterol didn't go down when I first tried going keto, doc put me (back) on statins and it came back down. Not a lover of statins myself, my endo agreed to let me try red yeast tablets and see if my levels stay good. He said some people just naturally produce more.   

I'm with KC that more info is needed to see why you aren't naturally shedding weight at this point.  Did you set your weight, goals and macros in the app? Until you get the hang of it, you should measure,  weigh and track everything. 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 49Views
  • 3 Following