Carb Manager ?

Hello All,

Im a newbie to this low carb , keto diet.    Ive looked into it in the past but I kept drinking my beer.   But my  cousin has started it a little over  a month ago and hes doing great.  My question is that carb manager has me at 30 grams of carbs , I thought for Keto you half to be 20 or under to get into ketosis?  

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • No,  many people can achieve ketosis anywhere under 50g.  20-30g pretty much guaranteed ketosis a bit quicker.

Like 1
    • Brian_Y
    • chevyluvr68
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ok thank you 

• Are we talking net or total carb when calculating?

• Personally my body gets angry if I go 20ish grams of carbs. I'm finishing week 7 and I had to have a carb binge yesterday to get the first full night sleep I've had in six weeks. I've had a whopper of a case of keto insomnia and my brain was falling apart. I'm going to up my carbs to 40 or 50 and see how my sleep recovers. Perhaps others can adapt quicker but I'm 49 years old and have spent a lifetime of eating high carb crap and my body is revolting against me somewhat. Doesn't matter tho, as of this AM I've lost 33 lbs in 7 weeks, and that was this morning's weigh-in after the carb binge yesterday.

And lay off the beer.

• TW Lost 45
    • Industrial Sales Professional
    • TW_lost_40
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ok brian not all in, a few questions before I tell you are  wasting your time cause you will gain WT...1) why do you want to drink beer and lose wt.? 2)what beer and how much? 3) Is your cousin drinking beer? You need to do what works for you.

• TW Lost 45
    • Industrial Sales Professional
    • TW_lost_40
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Biff Tannen Biffy, the morning after doesn't happen for 2,3 or 4 days after a binge. when you get on the scale and are 10lbs heavier will you remember your big time you had earlier in the week???  IT HAS HAPPENED TO EVERYONE SOONER OR LATER. 

Maybe you should try Melatonin 3mg , if 1 doesn't work try 2, works for me and I take them every evening. And sleep like a rock...

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 89Views
  • 5 Following