Week three - struggling watching the scales

Hello!  I’m 40 and now on my third week of Keto.  I track my macros everyday and really focused on being successful.  I have 150 lbs to loose.  
I lost 5 lbs my first week and 2 lbs my second.  I weigh myself every morning and so far this week I have gained 2 lbs.  
To be honest I’m disappointed in these results.  I’ve watched so many success stories on YouTube and where I have so much to loose I was sure I’d have lost more by now and certainly not gain in my third week.

My ketosis strips are bright burgundy, and I am not sure why.  I drink over 72 ounces of water everyday and my pee is light yellow.  I don’t feel dehydrated. 

I found I wasn’t hungry in the mornings last week So I skipped breakfast because I read that intermittent fasting is great.  Because of this I usually only consumed about 70% of the carbs,fat,protein, and calories I was allowed to per the app.  I did make sure that what I ate did get as close to the 5%net carbs/ 25%protein/ 70%fat  as possible.  

I have watched some videos on stalls and such this morning but I’m struggling to think I’m in a stall on week 3.  I know I shouldn’t be tracking scales everyday but seeing the number go up after trying so hard is really demotivated.  I did measure and do see some lost inches.  Please help.  

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I was about the same into my third week. I cut down on cheese and nuts. I also reduced my calories. You may be different. I also skipped breakfast. It seems you are into ketosis by your not being hungry. I try to eat fat only when I'm hungry and to not go over on proteins. This has improved my weight lost but remember if you don't loose weight you may be inches. And some people are slower than others for awhile. Don't let this keep you from staying with it. It will work.

Like 1
  • Don't forget, scales weigh everything. Fat, muscle, water etc. Do you have a scale that measures body fat%? If not, I highly suggest it. I was getting scale obsessed but noticed that even if the pounds weren't budging my body fat % is going down. That means I am in fact losing fat! Focus on non scale victories. Looser pants or needing to hook a bra on the next hooks, or even having to tighten your watch band. I noticed all of these even when the scale said I wasn't losing. Stay focused, you can do this! 

Like 2
    • Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jelmekkaoui ^This. When I was stalling on the scale weight, the body fat% was dropping, so it wasn't really a "stall".  I doubt the accuracy of the body fat% from home scales, but the relative drop in that number is important.

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 92Views
  • 5 Following