I'm a newbie & I'm over my protein already for the day

Hi everyone.  Great forums here! I need guidance please. I had breakfast and went over my protein goal. Already!? Holy cow, now what? I had 2 eggs. 2 bacon strips, and a slice of muenster.  I kept the calories set at the default as I heard 1439 was best after researching.  So I only eat low carb veggies in butter the rest of the day?  Now I will say I lost over 1.5 lbs since Monday (I know mostly water weight) but that makes me happy! But I didn't know I could go over protein so quickly. I think this going to be harder than I thought. My setting are set 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. Any suggestions? Am on track on the total calories? Appreciate anyone's input. Thanks!

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • You’re not over your protein eating what you’ve reported. Added up those foods only contain 21g protein.  At your calories you should be eating about 90g protein.  Meat, eggs, and cheese also contain fat and sometimes a few carbs. Your food volume as a whole is over 90g not the protein part. 

Like 2
    • MrsRobo
    • MrsRobo
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

0b925123-5b60-ff15-613a-cf0f60aefe5c Hi and thank you for your response.  That's what I thought but this app is saying 115g based off of what I stated.  I'm not sure why it's off. I will go back on my settings and see if I can find anything.  Again, thank you. 

• MrsRobo
    • MrsRobo
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

0b925123-5b60-ff15-613a-cf0f60aefe5c I just looked at my entries and is over stating the protein when using items from a restaurant.  I chose the actual food instead and brought the total to 24 grams. 

• MrsRobo 

Good! I didn’t want you to starve yourself:).  Protein is essential to repair and maintain cells and muscle so enjoy!

Like 2
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 24Views
  • 2 Following