Chicken broth - carbs?

Does chicken broth contain carbs? Different info on different sides. Its only chicken plus salt, pepper, herbs. So where does carbs come from? Important to know it because I want to have a little broth when fasting. Also sometimes it has protein sometimes not. It tastes like only fat.

13replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Some do, you have to read the labels.

• Dorka
    • Dorka
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

AJQ  thanks AJQ, with the label I would just read it, of course. This is the broth which I cook, so there is no label 

Like 1
    • AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dorka okay, so for homemade recipes you would create a recipe in this app. Go to Foods, my foods, recipes and create new recipe. Enter your ingredients and their volumes. For foods such as foods I find it easiest at the end to measure the entire volume in grams. Enter that volume for the portion size and equal to one portion. Then when you want a serving measure out the weight in grams and it will calculate the macros for you. For example if the total volume of the soup is 900 grams, enter that as the size of one serving. Then when you weigh your portion, for example 100 grams, it will calculate that for you. Good luck and enjoy. 

Like 1
    • AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

AJQ I meant to write 'for foods such as soups' 

• Dorka
    • Dorka
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

AJQ Thanks again AJQ, but thats just the problem. When I  create a new food I maste give how much carbs etc 100g or a cup has. To find this info I go to different net sides and there is different info, sometimes 0 carbs, sometimes 1 g for exempel. The same food (ingredients), diff numbers. Its important with carbs when I want to use it on fasting. Carbs exclude it.

• Dorka
    • Dorka
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dorka and the same with recipe, the only ingredient is broth (I cant write chicken because I dont eat chicken here) so the same problem again.

• AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dorka it doesn’t sound like you’re creating a recipe correctly. If  you weigh onions, carrots, celery etc. the app will tell you the macros. Measure water and add to the recipe. Add seasoning. Add all of the ingredients into the app one at a time, when you’re done adding everything to your pot and finished cooking it, then weigh the entire contents. This weight in grams (or ounces) is one serving (even though it’s not). When you are ready to have a serving, weigh out your portion and the app will figure out the macros. This works perfectly for me. 

Like 1
    • Dorka
    • Dorka
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

AJQ Thanks AJQ. Like I wrote earlier there is only chicken and herbs (salt, pepper), so no more ingrediences. A, and water. Chicken is not eaten, only cooked. Broth is what stays so it is the only ingredient. 

• AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dorka it sounds like the broth you make would have zero carbs. Also, when you create a recipe you put the ingredients in the search box and a list of options come up, you don’t have to go to another site. If you don’t eat the chicken put chicken bones in the recipe instead and see if that helps. 

Like 2
    • Delores
    • Delores
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had a nutritionist put it to me this way - If it can walk, swim or fly - no carbs!  Not sue how accurate this is but nonetheless, that is what she told me.  I kind of think of this in my eating but I also read the labels, you know, just in case.

Like 2
  • Delores 

• True,  and remember those things can be processed with additives and so you’re 100% on point to look at the labels.  

Like 1
    • Dorka
    • Dorka
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

AJQ :)

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 13Replies
  • 79Views
  • 4 Following