Aldi Bread

Why does it come up 9g carbs on the app, and it is supposed to be zero carbs

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Kat H
    • From Chunky & Funky to Fit & Fabulous!
    • Kat_H
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

0 net carbs but probably 9g total carbs

• Shawn G
    • Shawn_G
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The author didn't deduct the 9g of fiber.  I've treated it as 0 carbs and have been losing weight consistently.

• Pat F
    • Pat_F
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I think this is a perfect example of the age old question: total carbs or net carbs.   If you really want to make some serious changes, I’d recommend considering total carbs (and ditching breads, grains, rice, beans, etc. and other sources of carbs) totally until you’ve achieved your health goals.  A lot of folks report that after a while they don’t miss them and never add them back.

Up to you obviously, but some thing to think about.

Hope this helps.

• Seems ideal if your only concern is carbohydrate. Personally I still wouldn't touch anything containing wheat or soy, but I'm a bit funny like that

• VickP
    • 60something Domestic Maintenance I&C Planner/Engineer in charge of indulged Canines and seasoned senior Humanoid
    • Vick.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ingredient list:

ALDI Zero Carb Bread Nutrition:

Serving size: 1 slice | Total Carbs: 9g | Fiber: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Net Carbs: 0g

Ingredients: modified wheat starch, water, wheat gluten, wheat protein isolate, oat fiber (chicory), vegetable fiber, wheat bran, soybean oil, yeast, vinegar, salt, and preservatives (calcium propionate, sorbic acid).

Looks like the basic structure of the bread is wheat products, it's wheat bread but wheat bread by wheat by-product.

Ugh😜that might make more sense in my head then it does here typed out.

Personally, if I want to stay in ketosis, I have to avoid anything grain related. Might be a good idea to test run one slice then see what happens to your ketone checks over a 48 hour period. Looking around on line it looks like it is a popular product for folks who do "dirty keto".

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 114Views
  • 6 Following