Can I have help after stalling loss and actually gaining weight?

Can I have help after stalling loss and actually gaining weight?

Maybe I should really ask this;  what's the difference between a ketosis diet and a low carb diet? I lost 47 lbs quickly doing my own "fake" Atkins diet but over the past few weeks I have gained back 10 while doing & eating nothing differently.

I've eaten nothing white, no pasta, no bread, no dairy, no candy & very minimal carbs for more than a year. I walk with a cane & I am stuck in a chair most of the day due to an accident in 2007 that gave me an unpredictable, sudden imbalance problem that makes me a fall risk.

I do eat some Atkins frozen meals (never more than 1 in a day) and I start every day with an Atkins shake & a Diet Coke. I drink lots of Diet Coke and I snack on a few small bundles of salted, roasted Mixed Nuts or Cocktail Peanuts maybe 3-4x/day. To be honest, I do eat some corn & green beans in salads or as side. I watch the salad dressings for carbs and I usually have Ranch since I think that's a safe choice for carb counters.

I go to an LA Fitness about 3-4 times every week and I do 3 reps of 15 on 20 machines with some medium weight settings and then for my aerobics I do a hand bike, a stationary bike and a treadmill, each for about 5-10 minutes.

I dropped from 222 down to 175 over a period of 14 months starting last year but over the last month I've crept back up to 185 and it has stabilized there. I promise that I've not changed my eating at all during or prior to this. 

My goal is 170. I'm 5' 11½".

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Jeff Davis
    • Homeowner
    • Jeff_Davis
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It concerns me that I haven't heard from anyone yet but maybe that's nothing to worry about. I just turned 61 so I think I have awhile to go on this.

I did have tons of troubles logging in after setting up an account for this site with my email and password. It kept telling me that it was wrong. I also tried logging in using Facebook and that fails too. So maybe there's some things about this site's forums that are so messed up that other people can't login to Reply to my posting?

• Jeff Davis
    • Homeowner
    • Jeff_Davis
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jeff Davis 

The LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK app isn't working either. I see problems. Am I the only one? I really need help on my weight. I'm really not here to troll on technical stuff but I'm just trying to help on that by giving user input.
    On the Log in with Facebook, after it has me fill in my Facebook login stuff, the next mouse click brings this up telling me APP not setup yet. This APP is still in development mode.

But I think that I used that Facebook login a years ago when I first came across this site. So, huh?

• Please contact the support team for assistance, support@carbmanager.com.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 17Views
  • 2 Following