Fatty Liver

Question the body does not produce a lot of ketone until the glycogen and tri fats in the liver are depleted ? I understand when a normal liver is emptied of there stores is when 

ketone bodies will be highest ?  

how about a fatty Liver, if your stores are more tri and glycogen fats ect than normal and the liver is over fattened with fat will ketones start at the same time as normal or will you have to to deplete most of fats for body ketone to increase function.

A little confused on my questions but some one may get the jest,

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ketones are your body fat or any fats you ingest. So when you become fat adapted, you should eat a little less fat just until satisfied. This is why I don't suggest mct, extra ketone power- it takes away from you using your own visceral body fat.  Eventually you will start being a fat burning machine, and most ketoners can tell besides the loss, you will possibly have warm flushes, plus I had some nerve tinges in my arms and feet. This is the body waking up to fat adaption. I have high tryglercides and will get tested this summer, hopefully plan to make my family practitioner google eyed with the results as she will see I haven't taken my cholesterol pill for months now. The body will start burning the liver fat is what I am reading, thus bringing down those numbers. It's actually the quality of the vessels we need to be concerned about, not cholesterol levels. I'm reading that the vessel if inflamed causes the cholesterol and fats to stick to the vessel. So if cortisone levels are high and you have blood pressure issues, you must get the cortisol down asap. The vessels expand contract and are stressed. We can carry an enormous amount of cholesterol in our stream- the circulatory systems flushes it out, if healthy vessels. Liver is a storage tank, the body will use this reservoir, theoretically.  Diabetics are supposed to follow a low carb diet per their md's. Take it a step further and you start healing the pancreas and liver, the need for medications eventually lessens. 

Like 2
    • inchgallo
    • inchgallo
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn thank you for your reply' when I study the fatty acids and there break down I always seem to get a little confused! I always feel like I'm missing a part'

So far have been using carb app for a week , has bright up some other issues as I have reduced carb intake to a avg of 85 gram a day I have noticed that the cholesterol

Number of the foods have increased' I'm hoping to get carbs down to avrg 15gram daily , I have bought the kentoix strips and started to see s elevation in conctrates 

This is new for me and have found the science biology interesting ,must of been asleep in the bio class in school years ago'

The cholesterol level if you are high is there a test you can monitor ? You say the docter will be surprised

Sure would wont to make certain end you don't needed your pills

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

inchgallo ketogenic will bring my overall cholesterol numbers down especially the bad levels. I learned all of this information from the internet. Never was a bio girl. I quit the meds because I didn't want to mess around with Mother Nature and wanted to see for myself that this lifestyle really works, but it takes some time for those numbers to come down after they may raise for awhile. While low carb you are now, if you have too many fats - it would be wise to transitition a little quicker to ketogenic. One week a time bring the carbs down ? 5-10 per week. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

inchgallo to add - my practitioner doesn't believe in ketogenic lifestyle, I don't have a choice in my area for providers. I do feel a need to take charge of my own health and do my own research. There is no harm in challenging medical doctors, albeit it may put them in an uncomfortable seat while I'm talking to them in their office what I have researched no doubt. 

Like 1
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Actually no, because increased fat ingestion doesn't cause the fat deposits. I.E. too much energy consumed with sugary junk, therefore higher insulin production, which causes fat to be stored, when not active enough to work it off.

Ketone is actually like the Ashes of fat that is being burned in your body and you won't be completely out of any sugars in your body, because your body will naturally convert protein to glucose for you to be able to function. But unlike your brain, it will not over do it and make more glucose then you need. It's us who eat too much sugary junk.

Alcohol is actually a big factor on a fatty liver too.

• wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn I wish you could have a doctor that is on the modern side of medicine. I'm glad mine does. I also was told by my doctor that we do not need 3-6 small meals. One or two a day is enough. The 5 or so meals where designed because Dr's got tired of patients complaining about being hungry all the time.

But a low carb or Keto diet repairs all that.

Good for you to try without your doctor. I was just surprised that mine agreed with me after I just told him, what I was doing... lol

• inchgallo
    • inchgallo
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sounds good on taking a persons health on for them selves , we all are doing it for different and alikr reasons' 

Now that I have started I will try to make part of my life style ' all the best tnx

Like 1
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

inchgallo you can do it! I know you feel better soon. To me, the first 2 weeks where the hardest. Some said it was as much as 4 weeks. But hang in there for the better feeling you 🤸🏻♀️

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 166Views
  • 3 Following