Second day of Keto

Hope I’m doing it right haha 

I’m 36 and I’m aiming to lose around 95lb. Any tips? I’m overwhelmed!

20replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I’m right there with you - overwhelmed for sure and stressing about if I’m doing it right. I read another post that said forget the tracking and just focus on low carbs and eat eggs, cheese, meat, olives and a few lower carb veggies for the first week. Then on the second week try to start tracking your macros. Idk if it’s right but that’s what I’m doing. Went to Costco and stocked up on good Keto things to eat. 

Like 2
    • Angel V
    • Educator
    • Angel_v
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi learned about Keto a month ago and a month before that about the military diet.  Followed each respectively to the best of my ability trying not to be dogmatic. Like you hope I am doing the right thing. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

tothestage81b1e0 Don’t get stressed. We want you to be not stressed so you can focus on keto and get to the goals you have. Do track your carbs. Starting out that’s the most important thing right now. Then manage macros and such after a few weeks. Only eat when hungry, and only until satisfied. I remember the first time I decided to make keto pizza. I felt like a dream had come true, probably even shed a tear because it was so much like the real thing. I had to stop myself from over indulging.  Once you get past fat adaptation and through possibly a keto flu, your golden. All down hill from there. Also, put the scale away for a bit. This can hinder progress. I weigh in only about every two- three weeks now. Progress was slow on the scale at first, but after month three the jeans got big! 

Like 6
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

jenniferwilliamsaz7eee I agree with badmojomn , don't stress over doing it right or wrong when starting Keto. Just count your carbs and later you will notice your hunger decrease significantly. 

I have been doing this diet for a while and lost a total of 63 pounds. Now I have to remind myself to eat something when I realize I had nothing for breakfast and lunch. Just aren't hungry. This is the only way and best diet ever.  18-20 carbs a day!

Like 3
  • badmojomn wamdesigns  thank you both!! I appreciate it. I was a little higher in carbs then I wanted the last couple days 31-38g, today will be better. Should I be using any  supplements?  And what about fiber? I noticed that is very low.

• wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

tothestage81b1e0  Supplements is up to you, I didn't take any. 

Fiber I did do take because it helps ones Plumbing. I used Phsyllium husk (organic) because it has no additives and no sweeteners added. You dissolve it in some water and chuck it down. To me it was more tolerable then the flavored and sweeten stuff. Good luck and sticking to a goal is a Super Power 😋

• I’m with you!!! Hoping I can do this and lose about 45 pounds. 

Like 1
  • wamdesigns I have MCT oil that I was putting in my coffee, but I def need to get some kind of fiber in there! 

Like 1
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

tothestage81b1e0 yes fiber is good.

oh now I never used the oils. I used the natural fats from cooking and I love the taste of unsalted butter. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

tothestage81b1e0 psyllium husk powder caplets, 2-3 every early afternoon large water with that. With keto, we don’t have as much to push through as our bodies are utilizing a lot of what we eat also is a consideration when trying to regulate. 

Like 1
  • badmojomn that’s good to know. thanks. 

• Keep it simple.  I was all freaked at the beginning thinking I had to have a bunch of stuff on hand and at work, most of which is still sitting around or spoiled (sorry mini- guacamole’s).   I don’t snack during the day at all anymore- don’t need to.  I might have a snack at night, but that’s really entertainment related, not due to hunger.   Read some books (keto clarity is pretty user friendly and is mostly personal story with a whole lot of doctors and scientist quotes and content).  This an eating plan to educate yourself on as it’s a compete switch of your body’s fueling process.

Like 2
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

fgibsonkycf60 funny, I went through that too. Now I eat only once or twice a day.  

• tothestage81b1e0 

• On the topic of fiber- and the whole issue of our supposed daily requirement.  Not that I think fiber is a bad thing but it’s more important that everyone listens to their own body.   What fiber did the Inuit eat on their totally keto diet?   No one’s heard of them having a constipation problem.   I know I’m eating less fiber now than on a carb rich diet but all my intestinal issues including symptoms related to leaky gut plus gas have calmed down completely.  I’m regular as rain and my “deposits” are perfect and unforced.  I don’t even have acid reflux anymore (so much for that endoscopy I paid for a couple of years ago) and I drink diet sodas (I know, I know..bad for you..but one battle at a time) which are supposed to contribute to reflux.   If you find you need fiber supplementation use it but not just because the U.S. dietary guidelines have told you to.  Remember, those guidelines encourage high carbs and only recently changed the language on sugar to “moderate” (which is still crap advice).

Like 1
  • Definitely track. Some foods will really surprise you on how many carbs they have! 

• Down 7 lbs I started on the 1st! 

• tothestage81b1e0  

Woohoo! Keep it up!

• ME TOO!!!!  Been on Keto since Feb. 23.  Had way too much to drink on Sunday with friends. I was feeling better prior to Sunday.  I had cut out alcohol up until Sunday.  I think I got kicked out of Ketosis.  Anyone had similar experience  and how long it takes to get back on track?

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome.  Carbs are a limit not a goal.  Eat as few as is comfortable.  Protein is a goal and a limit, get as close as possible.  Fat is a goal, meet it or modestly exceed it. Calories do matter.  If you want to lose weight you have to eat fewer calories than you burn.  The percentages on your wheel are more important than your macro numbers.  You need to keep Carbs and Protein under your goal percentages, even on days when you are eating a low number of calories.   Eat as clean as you can.  Get your carbs from fresh vegetables as much as possible.  Don't let yourself fall into dietary ruts, there are lots of great recipes available so keep it interesting.  You are going to get a lot of information, and some of it will directly conflict or just not work for you.  Be your own keto coach, do research and find the path that works best for you.  Be patient, you may or may not experience rapid weight loss, slow weight loss, roller coaster weight loss, and plateaus.  You didn't put this weight on in a day or a month, and you won't take it off in a day or a month.  Take joy in your decision to give yourself the gift of better health.

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 20Replies
  • 495Views
  • 10 Following