Coffee

I need to be able to enjoy my coffee! What should I be using in place of creamers or milk??

19replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Korr17
    • kristinorr90bb4c
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've read that a lot of people use heavy whipping cream as a substitute.

Like 3
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Double cream (heavy cream) 😋

Like 2
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna In the states we have heavy whipping cream. Your country it’s double cream I think?

Like 1
    • feistymel
    • feistymel
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Can I have soy milk? 

Like 1
  • Atkins  shake

• Sunkes
    • Sunkes
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Roger! It’s on the market list. Thanks

• I’ve been using creamed coconut milk, I’m not too sure if it’s good or not.

Like 1
  • New to lchf. Tried black coffee this morning. Gross. I wish I like it. But i just cant. Think I should try black for a few days. Then add heavy cream. Hopefully it will be such an improvement I won't even miss the sugar 

Like 1
  • I suggest starting with good coffee. I always like 100% Colombian coffee and trained myself to drink it black no sugar.  I never looked back, however I notice that the poorer the quality of the coffee the more difficult it is to drink it like that. 

• Heavy cream, or mct oil with butter and cinnamon! It’s called bullet proof coffee 

Like 1
    • ary_2018
    • ary_2018
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Heavy cream? Doesn't that have lots of carbs?

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ary_2018 Not generally speaking, no. I actually don’t count my cream because I know it has a heavy fat content but I don’t ingest more than a few tablespoons a day. I give it the name “nature’s perfect food source”. 

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sweetas-honey If I’m having a meltdown for a sweet, heavy cream and cin in my coffee or heavy cream in a nice flavored coffee is my go to. German chocolate cake and a raspberry white truffle coffee in a row I had to have yesterday so settle my craving. It worked. 

• ary_2018
    • ary_2018
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn so if I add heavy cream to my coffee, don't bother logging it? Or still do for the sake of the calories? 

Like 1
  • sweetas-honey I Love it this way!  with heavy whipping cream, coconut oil, butter, and cinnamon.I sometimes add just a tsp of my choc protein powder and stevia. Love it!

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

feistymel not the best choice. Unsweetened almond milk, heavy whipping cream. I trained myself via espresso onto black coffee and have never looked back.....  😋

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ary_2018 my advice would be to let go of counting calories. Once you move into being fat adapted and learn to listen to your body your appetite will sort the calories easy. I wouldn’t have believed it so Self Education ~ Dr Jason Fung among many.....

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ary_2018 It’s up to you. I would personally consider it a bonus food for awhile when starting keto honestly. Too many restrictions on the stuff you CAN have may drive you crazy. I never never counted whole cream. I wasn’t drinking like cups of it a day or anything like that. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

feistymel Look at the carbs. If it’s like regular milk then prob not. I know almond milk is generally okay, plus almond will stay refrigerated for a long time. With keto the issue you have to remember is fat is your friend. Heavy cream contains good fat for fueling in small to moderate doses. If you can’t stand the heavy cream use a smaller portion for awhile with what you need for now to transition over to All heavy cream. Nothing is set in stone. But I would count carbs in the soy milk if you need it. Some people can’t palate the heavy cream that’s why I suggest smaller doses at first. 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 19Replies
  • 408Views
  • 14 Following