Under in carbs, over in calories and 3 cups of water?

Is it okay to go under in carbs by 3 and over in calories? 

I am gaining the weight I lost in the 1st 2 weeks back and I'm worried. 

Also, does anyone know that if we dont drink enough water on the keto diet will our progress go down? 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So the short answer to both is no and yes. 

In order to lose weight, you have to create a calorie deficit from your BMR adjusted for activity level.  A deficit of 3500 calories over a period of time = 1 lb of weight loss (you create a 500 per day calorie deficit, you’ll lose 1 lb every 7 days).  Now mind you, more isn’t always better, .5-2lb of weight loss per week is healthy and sustainable.   

Now, with Carb Manager, when you input  your information and actively level it calculates your calorie count based on the info you give it. You might check your settings to make sure everything is correct, because your macros are percentages based on your calorie intake. If that info isn’t right, your carb allowance will be off and you might not be in the right ranges.

Iiiiiiiiif everything it set correctly, then two options and after 8 weeks of obsessively watching my weight and what happens when I do certain things or drink certain things, I’ll recommend the latter.  However, the first option is to severely cut your carb intake (say <15 net) for 2 days, see what happens. The second, and what I have come to realize, don’t sweat it! This is a long haul process, and your initial drop is going to be water weight. Due to natural things, that is going to fluctuate drastically (up to 4-5 lbs) per day. You will eventually learn what you can and can’t do by how you feel. 

Now on to the second part, water. The miracle drink. So, it helps keep you full and it also helps flush everything out (liver, kidneys, etc). I can’t tell you the magic number of water intake per person per day, but I can tell you that while Diet Coke and other artificial sweeteners don’t make me gain weight, it doesn’t come off as quick after a higher carb day if I drink them. I can cheat, and if I stick to only water, be back down to normal weight in 3-4 days.  Someone else can weigh in on the exact reasoning for this, but drink more water. 

• Vshorty
    • Vshorty
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Bgump502 

Thank you so much for that detailed response. I appreciate it. I will do everything you have suggested and will weigh myself in a week or so. Thanks again. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 83Views
  • 2 Following