What are your go to foods and meals?

Mine is salmon in a variety of forms:

As I said in another thread: I drink a crazy amount of Perrier lime mineral water and eat a lot of salmon and spinach  salad with palm hearts, tomatoes, feta, tosses with sort of homemade blue cheese dressing.

I also eat almonds when I need a snack— but only 5-6 at a time so I don’t go crazy with them. My other snack food is Baby Bel or Trader Joe’s whole milk string cheese. 

What do you find you’re eating the most?

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Annemarie
    • Annemarie.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Also lots of avocados, but I’m still not great at timing ripening. 

Like 1
    • Trina
    • Trina.6
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I agree with you about salmon. Prawns in the freezer are also very handy. Tins of tuna are another favourite. I used to be completely vegetarian and still try to be but eating fish does make sure I get all my protein. This week I learned to make seitan. I ordered gluten powder from Amazon and it is so easy! You can make it in advance and freeze it and it really does work well as a meat substitute. I had no idea! And it is really good for protein. There are lots of recipes but I just added soy sauce and water , kneaded it briefly and then boiled it cut into pieces in stock for 30 minutes. Then you can do anything with it. Raspberries are my go to pudding. Alpro soy yoghourt with home made Keto granola or just 8 chopped almonds are my breakfast most days and the rest of the time it is carbzone  pumpernickel style bread  with butter and carbzone chocolate hazelnut spread or carbzone jam.

Like 1
    • Tegan
    • Tegan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Keto KFC chicken which I bake instead of frying.  Yum!  Also keto coleslaw with cabbage, broccoli, celery, radishes, spring onions, mayonnaise and lots of seeds/nuts thrown in.

Cauliflower mash. Asparagus in the microwave for 2 mins, then butter on top. 

Like 2
    • Nelson M
    • Nelson_M
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I eat lots of Avocados and I add a tea spoon of mayonnaise, Yum! 

Like 2
    • Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So for meals, I do a lot of Hamburger Steak, Green Beans and sometimes Cottage Cheese (half cup).  I do eat Eggs, Bacon and Sausage a good bit as well. 

As far as snacks, mild cheddar cheese and pepperoni is a great one, I just have to watch because it can get high in calories if I’m not careful. I keep String Cheese sticks and Blue Diamond 100 calorie whole almond packs readily available. I’ve also come to like the Planters Heart Healthy Nutrition Mix packs for something different. 

As for that sweet craving, I keep Quest Protein Cookies handy (the peanut butter and chocolate chip are pretty darn good), I like the oatmeal raisin too but at 9 net carbs, it’s hard to find a day to fit them in. 

Also, and I can’t stress this enough, they make sugar free, carb free Whipped Cream in a can that is Great Value brand and is only 20 calories per 2 tbsp. If I need a quick sweet fix, grab the can and take a shot. 

Like 1
    • Ronford
    • Fin’l Advisor
    • Ronford
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Boiled eggs is a good go to Snack for me. I grill beef, chicken & salmon every day or every other day. Leftovers will be my lunch the next day. With beef I trim all visible fat.. chicken is skinless & salmon is never over cooked. These float my boat. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 171Views
  • 6 Following