3 months in and now having super upset stomach

For the past two weeks no mater what I eat my stomach is upset..super upset. Ive tried removing the MCT oil and fat bombs thinking that may be it but its not. Other than that my diet hasn't changed in the past 3 months. First I thought it was simply a stomach bug but its persisted 2 weeks now.

Anyone experience anything similar? 

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No, in fact I stopped taking omeprezole and added spicy foods back to my diet.  By upset stomach, do you mean irritable bowels or the stomach itself?  Maybe someone else went through it or it might be something worth having it looked at by a doc. 

• Tegan
    • Tegan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sorry if too much info, but I had awful, watery diarrhoea the first month I was on keto.  As soon as I'd eat in the morning, it would start.  I'd often delay going out because it was rather violent and sudden!  I too cut things out including all sweetners and certain oils, but it made no difference.  

I don't know why you'd suddenly get it though, if your diet hasn't changed? Maybe you do have a bug?  I've been eating sauerkraut-but the unpasteurised one found in the fridge section of a supermarket.  The other types which are pasteurised don't have the same good bacteria in them.  Whether my body is just getting used to keto, or the sauerkraut is helping, I have no idea? 

Other things to try incl kefir.  Its a fermented, milk drink which has a great deal of good bacteria.  It does contain carbs, but you only drink a small amount. I've tried a few brands.  One was fizzy and tasted like off milk and was frankly awful.  Another brand was smooth and more like a yoghurt drink.  Coconut water is good at replacing potassium.

Miso soup is good at replacing the salts you loose in a lose motion, and have probiotics, but check the label for the carb content. The main thing is to keep your fluids up, add salt to food and never use loperamide or other anti-diarrhoea medications.

• I have found that I have the same issue unless I take a probiotic. The reason I started keto was because of diverticulitis and it has not come back since my eating has changed albeit, I never forget to take m probiotic.

• Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Do you still have your gallbladder?  I’ve heard that the keto diet, with the increase of fat intake, over loads the gallbladder which causes the diarrhea. 

• Sanjess98
    • Sanjess98
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I was having really bad gas pains and watery DR. I started to drink acv with lemon and water and a pinch of oink salt twice a day it help your gut make probiotics and also for that stomach ache I had a couple spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt. It sound like you need probiotics. I have a little difficulty digesting vegetables sometimes.  

• cmp1958
    • cmp1958
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Definitely! 

• When I first began the diet I think eating all the fats, even tho they are good fats, made my digestive system go crazy with Diarrhea and boating.  It has leveled off.  I eat less fat then I was eating.  You system has to get used to foods you have not eaten much of. 

• cmp1958
    • cmp1958
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Carol Golden 

• Ollie
    • Ollie.4
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Having the same issue now! 2 weeks not feeling good. I haven’t figured out why but I’m trying this...

no high allulose products

hydrate more (maybe add salt or gatorade zero) 

eat more dark greens, but not to much! Keep macros (god for gut health) 

meat nutrient dense when possible

I haven’t tried probiotics yet

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 169Views
  • 10 Following