Trying a new approach

Been on keto for 2 weeks lost 7 pounds ( seem to be stalling now gained 1 1/2 back grrrr) I am an avid exerciser and always thought my diet was pretty good but I could never lose that last  10 pounds... discovered keto and decided to try a different way of eating ... I have always counted calories and done low fat before and not really worried about carbs ... so this has been a real education for me... has me thinking about food in a very different way.  

Feeling a little rundown and very sluggish through my workouts which has been been frustrating  and the stalling aaarrrgggghhh!

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • barrydavidpetersb338
    • retired pharma exec pursuing 2nd career in photography
    • barrydavidpetersb338
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Google “keto flu”. I work out 6 days a week and got “it” about a week into keto. Once you come out, you’ll be a fat burning machine and energy will come back!

Like 1
  • Thanks for the encouragement!  I'm looking forward to getting my energy back !

• One tip of many is to keep track of your macros.  It will need to be adjusted as you decrease weight. Most don't realize to adjust their macros ever slightly as they shed those unwanted pounds of weight and therefor stall or even gain back some weight because now they are over eating calories for their current weight.  Once you get to the weight you want then just keep your macros in check for maintenance calories.

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 101Views
  • 3 Following