Diet Coke

Can I drink Diet Coke?

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Coke Zero/Diet Coke is still coke.The term diet tricks people into thinking its better for you but it is not. Diet coke ruins teeth enamel, great for cleaning toilets tho, y well acidic so GERDS sufferers avoid for sure. The aspartame’s in it turns into fat builders they really need to come out with something better. Studies show you gain more on them it’s a corporate ploy I guess you can say. Try other drinks I take 3-4oz tea or juice small amount of sugar  with a huge water. I drink the water but sip the tea when I need flavor.I limit myself to only 4-8ounces a day. If you like flavored teas to green or regular can drink without sugars or sweetners then give that a try.  

If you find you love veggie drinks like spinach to carrot you can have those too. When I can I pick freash oranges instead of the store brands.

Like 1
  • Ok if that is true why do you give it and A rating? Also I signed up for 3 months I want my money back there is no change than what you get for free please reimburse my money

• CarolM
    • CarolM
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

From a carb perspective Diet Coke is low or none.  I still drink it. At least one per day. I have tried to replace it without much luck. Maybe someday. I say if your carbs are within range and your are eating better overall, work on Diet Coke later. Just my thought!

Like 4
    • Slim
    • slim
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Stay away from artificial sweeteners. They are high in alcohol sugar and add to insulin resistance. Try ice tea with lemon instead

• Slim
    • slim
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

7459347c-bc14-2d27-addb-5d7ad0f63efc oranges are very high in carbs -15 grams

Carrots have 12. Avoid both of those

Like 2
  • Yes you can.  Don’t believe all the baloney that you will hear about aspartame.  Yes there have been a few studies as previously mentioned, but they are far FAR from conclusive. Also, the results in various studies are totally contradictory.  This points to something else being the culprit for a bad result (weight gain for example) other than aspartame.

Like 2
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Diet drinks and artificial sweeteners are no better or worse for you on keto than they were before. However, bear in mind that like coffee and tea, sodas containing caffeine are diuretics. They can contribute to dehydration, a common problem with Keto. I still enjoy the occasional diet caffeine free soda (yay, root beer!), but I mostly choose electrolyte enhanced drinks when I'm having a no calorie sweet bottled beverage.

Like 1
  • Crucibelle I believe you are right. When I switched to SodaStream their diet drinks use Splenda.  I did it for the landfill and did not feel one bit better or worse . 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 253Views
  • 7 Following