Keto Coffee

Had Keto coffee for the first time this morning.   Tasted a little odd to have butter in my coffee,  but it sure made me feel full.

12replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • MK
    • titanium_feather.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I tried it this morning for the first time too!  I added a little vanilla and used a frother which made for a tasty drink.    Did you add 1 or 2 tablespoons of MCT oil?

• DLMonty
    • DLMonty
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No, just a little butter.  I usually take my coffee black, so just the butter was an adjustment. 

• Heavy whipping cream is great, too.

• AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You know that you don’t need to get in all of your fat macros, right? Keeping your calories at a deficit is just as important as keeping net carbs low, so be careful with the keto coffees and fat bombs or you could end up gaining weight instead. 

Like 1
  • My bulletproof Coffee taste delicious. I add to my coffee, heavy cream, ghee, coconut oil, cinnamon, pink Himalayan salt (very light), and luv sugar (natural sweetener with zero carbs). USE A BLENDER! Makes a world of a difference, blends everything without looking oily, and leaves it frothy 😋

• AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Specialkayo wow, that’s a lot of fat in one coffee. Doesn’t really sound that appetizing. 

• AJQ it’s the typical recipe for bulletproof/keto coffee, once it’s blended well, using the blender, you can’t even tell it contains oil. As long as you stay within your macros you’re all good. I prefer healthy fats than processed meats   or too much cheese. Plus my skin and hair are looking extra glowy ;) 

• Hutch
    • KetonicManic
    • Hutch.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Once you get used to it, you’ll find yourself craving that morning Bulletproof Coffee. So good! Specialkayo is right though, you *really* need to blend it to make it smooth and frothy. I use a Nutribullet which works great for this and smoothies. The basic recipe only calls for butter and MCT oil but you can add other stuff to suit your taste. I add a few drops of liquid Stevia then a dash of cinnamon on top. Yum!

Like 1
    • Susan
    • Lets_go_keto
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Go to YouTube and search for "Thomas DeLauer coffee recipe." Watch the video with the four keto coffee recipes and enjoy!

Turmeric in coffee? Yes! This is now my weekday breakfast. 

• Jovanna
    • Jovanna
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

What if you dont drink coffee... im new to keto 

• Hutch
    • KetonicManic
    • Hutch.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jovanna You can try hot green tea with a teaspoon of MCT oil to start.

• Bee
    • Bee.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jovanna There are recipes for Bulletproof tea as well. All that goes into the coffee you can put in tea.

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 276Views
  • 8 Following