Haven't checked in for a while!

Yesterday marked one month!  I am down 18 lbs.  was hoping for 20, but still amazed at my results.  I haven't been feeling well this past week, nothing to do with my Keto experience, just a bad sinus/headache.  Went to doctor, no infection, thank goodness.  

I have been adjusting to my new way of life and so has my husband, suprise!  He is actually saying things like wow, we can't have this look at the carbs in this and I really don't miss much of the foods we use to eat, just once in a while I'd love a potato.  Who would've thought it.  I am so proud of him, he is down 17 lbs., he too has been under the weather with a head cold. 

Despite all the illnesses, we are still striving to stick to our plan and reach our goals.  I know he got discouraged one day because he had gone up in weight by a few pounds, and I told him this was probably normal and not to worry about it.  I have been suffering with my weight issues all of my life, this is new to him, he never had a problem before so he is having to learn things he never paid attention to, at all, because he didn't have to.  He has come so far as to looking up recipes that are Keto friendly and helping to make our meal plans for the week.  He makes the grocery list - and we have actually been sticking to it.  I never realized how much of the store I am avoiding now - only go to the "outer aisles" unless there is something on our plan that we need - i.e. spices or Rao sauce, etc.  Our challenge has become one of creating foods we don't get bored with.

We actually spend more time in the kitchen together preparing our meals, something I have come to enjoy and look forward to.  He has helped me a great deal by joining me on this journey - usually I am the one doing it on my own. 

Our story is a never ending one, our journey is a long and winding one, but together, as with our marriage, we are strong, brave and never worried, we know that we are blessed in so many countless ways.  We thank our Heavenly Father for showing us this path on which he has laid before us!

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Congratulations to both of you on the weight loss, but more importantly on supporting each other.  I think it’s great when couples learn together and have a common goal they are willing to work towards.  

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 32Views
  • 1 Following