Need advice . Help please

Hi everyone my name is Tracey, this is my first time trying keto , I’m still learning, I’m still trying to get my carbs and fat sorted I went over on my fats yesterday so need to keep an eye on that but I will get there . I’m trying to keep my calories down to 1200 . This is what confuses me my carbs are down my protein is down my calories are down but I’m over on the fat , im always hungry. Can anyone advise me to what I’m doing wrong 

14replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Tracey, maybe your calories are too low. Protein keeps you fuller longer. Maybe you  Need to eat more protein especially if you’re working out hope this helps

• gbhatti
    • gbhatti
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Tracey 👋🏼  

Is there any reason your calorie count is so low?  Fat is generally denser in calorie so it might not be leaving enough room for other foods.  Try to up your protein, and lower fat intake. If that doesn’t help and you need to Adjust your allowed calorie intake.  Add some excersise to your routine, calories burned will count against your calorie intake. 

Remember it’s a slow and steady process, if you try to do too much, you will end up quitting .  Be patient with yourself. 

In the mean time drink iced coffee black, it should help with fighting any sugar cravings or hunger pangs.  

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Gagan 

Like 1
  • I will try to up my calories . I will eat more meat. To day we went out for lunch I had a vegan roll with a hamburger on it with cheese and bacon and a side salad, I was doing well till I had an ice cream , I didn’t know you couldn’t have ice cream on this diet and the funny thing is it’s someting I never eat , I just fancied it today , oh well to late now . I will know  next time 

• Jen
    • Jen.13
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Tracey Gary Lippiatt I did something like that the other day. I have been dieting since August and for the first time I FORGOT I was on a diet and started drinking the hot apple cider when we picked out our Christmas tree! That was 11g carb before I realized what I was doing!!!

Like 1
  • It is so easy to forget when your not used to dieting and I’m very new to it so I’m still learning. I’m sure I will get the hang of it 

• gbhatti  

move upped my protein but then the fat goes up high not sure how this all works 

• Sorry that should read I’ve upped my protein 

• gbhatti
    • gbhatti
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Tracey lippiatt that’s weird my allowable fat went down.  You can try tinkering with it some more, or maybe reach out to the app help desk.  

How did did you feel today?  Still feeling hungry? 

• gbhatti  well I was hungry yesterday. But both my husband and I woke up with diarrhoea and I vomited 6 times so I’ve not eaten a thing only drank water hopefully it’s a 24hr thing then I can get back to my diet . I will let you know how I get on. 

• Pam
    • Pam.13
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Tracey Gary Lippiatt no sugar allowed.

• Pam
    • Pam.13
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

denasmagicshears yes your calories may be too low. Why are you trying to keep them down to 1200? On keto you eat more fat than protein. When you start eating enough fat you won't feel hungry. Redo your macros. Choose to lose less weight to get calories up or choose next up exercise choice. I had to do both because I'm short. My calories went up by 200g. I lost 12# this month after being stalled. I was surprised when I weighed myself.

• Pam
    • Pam.13
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Tracey lippiatt in keto you always eat more fat than protein.

• Pam  will try that 

• Pam  thanks for the info 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 14Replies
  • 97Views
  • 6 Following