Keto Slim Fast Shakes

I’m curious if anyone else has tried these slim fast keto shakes.  The flavor is good but they hurt my stomach to the point I can’t drink them .

72replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I have started drinking them this week. They haven’t upset my stomach. They don’t seem to feel

me up though. 

• Slucas
    • Slucas
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have used them a few times. I mix them with iced coffee.

Like 2
  • I can eat the bars and don’t have a problem 

• Sallie
    • Sallie
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I bought the powder- but the carb count is killing me daily. I read on the Slim Fast site that you can take the advanced nutrition shake add MCT and presto Keto style with only 1 diabetic carb instead of 6

Like 2
    • angelique
    • angelique
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I would steer clear of these, they contain dextrose which has a higher glycemic impact than high fructose corn syrup (your body responds to it with an insulin response) as well as Carageenan which is a food additive/thickener that has a host of really awful inflammatory side effects. Both those and the sugar alcohols could be the cause of your GI upset.

Like 13
    • karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sounds like you should avoid if they are hurting your stomach as  some ingredients that your body doesnt like 

• I've started drinking them and they definitely do make my stomach burn as well. So you are not alone on that.

Like 6
    • Ronford
    • Fin’l Advisor
    • Ronford
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I haven't tried that specific brand, but I really like the Premier Protein shakes/drinks... 30g protein, 1g sugar, 160 calories and 4g net carbs. Flavors are great.

Like 8
  • When I drink them I IMMEDIATELY have stomach pain. Not sure why, but I wonder if it’s gallbladder related. 

Like 4
  • Yes!!! They make my stomach hurt and I get a burning sensation. It's so bad. I'm so disappointed. I've tried chocolate and vanilla cream. Both do the same thing. I even tried it for a few days and nothing changed. 

• ejp
    • ejp
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Slimfast products contain dextrose... Atkins products contain sucralose. Avoid both! 

Like 4
    • Duck
    • Duck
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I drink it with ice water. I have had no issues with it. They do load up your count, so I tend to drink it mostly at the end of the day when in an verify that my carbs count will not be exceeded. It actually tastes pretty good too. 

• Slimfast just jumped on the Keto wagon to make money.   Be wary of most processed “keto” foods unless you are very adept at interpreting ingredients.  
    Stick to whole food as best you can.  If you’re needing protein,  Premier shakes are good.

Like 5
  • I can't imagine why anyone would replace food with a shake.

Like 3
  • 248855e4-34e0-f0c7-39ad-37117f3381ca The only thing of theirs I get is the fat bombs.

Like 1
    • Steph F
    • Steph_F
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

David Cook my stomach burned as well.. I thought it was the MCT oil and I had terrible abdominal pain as well!! Very weird!! 

Like 1
    • PE
    • gold_lamp.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ejp what happens when you eat products with sucralose?   I like the Adkins Bars. 

Like 1
    • Tatergirl
    • Tatergirl
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I get the Advanced Nutrition shakes. They are 20g of protein and only 1 net carb. They satisfy me, though not to the point of 'full', but they work for a few hours. 

• I have been drinking slimfast shakes for years! I thought I would try the new Keto slimfast this week and it is the biggest mistake, about 10 min after drinking them I have horrible stomach pains and need to lay it's a burning sensation and than I feel like I am going to throw up. Than it stops and completely goes away. I would never recommend them

Like 3
    • Duck
    • Duck
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ashley Lyn sanchez I honestly haven't had any issues myself and I drink it a lot. I would encourage you and anyone else who is having stomach issues with this product to IMMEDIATELY STOP taking it and to consult your medical professional. 

• Bee
    • Bee.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I think better to just make your own meal shakes. I had looked at those ingredients on those shakes and decided to steer clear off. I wonder if the Slimfast company knows about this problem en masse...

Like 1
    • Mary Lu
    • Mary_Lu
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I drank my first shake this morning.  I really enjoyed it, taste was great....... however after I finished the shake I got an upset stomach.....quite nauseous for about an hour. 

Like 2
  • Ssme with me, my stomach within 5 minutes hurts, almost a burning feeling.I did slimfast diet the shakes did not do this

Like 2
  • Ashley Lyn sanchez exactly the same for me

Like 1
    • Max
    • Max.11
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have tried Slim Fast Keto twice and in both instances they upset my stomach. Slim Fast Advanced Nutrition (20 grams protein, 2g net carbs) does not. 

Like 1
Like10 Follow
  • 10 Likes
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 72Replies
  • 5608Views
  • 77 Following