Cant keep fat & proteins down

I have been doing the Keto diet for almost two weeks. I only eat fish, no meat, but am having trouble keeping within the 5-20-75 ratio. I always go over fat & protein unless I eat the same thing for each meal everyday. I’m definitely missing my fruits. My sister just does low carb, high protein, high fat but doesn’t track her food or worry about ratios & has lost a lot of weight? How important is the ratio?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • James
    • James.3
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The ratios very from people to people. I Have seen people with as high as 85% fat. I can do that. But I have seen it. I think you can go a little higher on the protein too. I think 30% is still ok but that is getting closer to knocking you out of ketosis. I personally do a 5-25-70 on the app. But I do go over on the fat (not by much)and I try to keep the proteins down. This brings me closer to the 5-20-75 ratio. Try eating some berries. It helps. A lot!

• Jayne
    • Jayne
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for your advice! I’ll try not worrying about the fat as much as keeping the protein where it should be. And eat more berries!

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 121Views
  • 2 Following