Recipe Calculator

Does anyone have a good site to calculate carbs for recipes?

26replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I was also wondering if it is correct to simply add all the ingredients into carb manager that were used in the recipe to get the nutrition values. Wouldn’t some of the vitamins be lost during cooking?

• Carb manager does it for you. Click to add food. Then scroll right to the “find recipes” tab and click on it. You will see a space to add url. Thats where you paste the web address of the webpage with the recipe you want. It’s like magic. Try it!

Like 15
  • loralynette 

Thanks for info!!  :)

• Carb manager will do it for you when you 'create' recipe: add all ingredients, number of portions and you can use it. Yesterday I made cauliflower waffles and wanted to know calories and macros, was easy. Added bonus - you can edit if you made an error or miscalculated portions.

Like 6
  • icinderella  Hi!  I have tried editing my recipes and the only thing I can edit is number of servings. How do you edit ingredients?

• I think the “create” recipe feature may be a premium feature?  

Like 1
  • tinalittle23fc it is premium and I have premium membership.  I can change number of servings, but can’t change ingredients or amounts of ingredients.  I have to create an entire new recipe in order to change the amount of salt. :-(

Like 1
  • loralynette 

Go to Food - Recipes and do not tap on recipe but the 3 vertical dots and select Edit, you'll get a view for editing. Every food has vertical dots. Tap and edit. Save after editing.

Like 2
  • loralynette 

Create recipe is a basic access. Measurements are premium.

• icinderella thanks! 

Like 1
    • JustFurKids Carol
    • Herder of Kitchen Wolves
    • justfurkidsCarol
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Actually I was successful creating and editing a recipe only today and I have a basic membership.  Soulful Southern Cabbage w/Sausage In Broth

Like 1
  • The app will do it

• I've used the loseit app to track macros until I found carb manager. the app allows you to enter your own recipes manually and it will give you total carbs, calories, etc. for the whole recipe. 

• When I enter a new recipe it doesn't break down the serving portions correctly.  I entered a curry recipe that I created (not one from the internet).  I set it at 4 servings.  It tells me a serving size is 3.5 oz. or 100gms.  So, I changed it to 8 servings... still the serving size is 3.5 oz. or 100 gms.  The app SHOULD be able to take what I enter and divide it by 4 (the number of servings) and tell me the exact weight of that serving.  The weight of the serving should vary depending on the number of servings I tell it.  Otherwise, how do I dish out the correct amount of food?

Like 4
  •  I played with my recipe a little more, being very particular to work out the details of each ingredient, and now it seems to be showing the correct serving portions (by weight).  I even compared it to Cronometer, and the numbers I got from Carb Manager appeared to be closest to correct.  This is great, because I didn't want to have to re-enter all my custom foods and recipes into another app. Still happ with CM. Thanks!

• Hey! Give The Macro Cookbook a try.... https://www.macrocookbook.co.uk

Lots of tasty recipes to experiment with and the best part is that the ingredient quantities are flexible so you can adjust the carb quantities to suit your specific requirements and meet your individual goals. 

• Cherie
    • Ch_rie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

icinderella ty! But this is for premium users only, correct? I haven’t subscribed yet because this manager is off! It will not let me enter my fat, carb, etc in manually, when I do, it changes the numbers. Also... big issue for me is they don’t give us all measurements on foods! Another words I need T for a food portion, and it will not have T as an option, only cup etc..l I cannot calculate food carbs, fat etc properly. It’s like this on a LOT of foods! I also don’t see how it’s going to help me with exercise either! I input my numbers, but then they are not there, manually I do this. I don’t understand the exercise graph either! There needs to be more help with this app for beginners 

• Cherie
    • Ch_rie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

loralynette yep! This manager is not that great for portions and measurements! That’s why I haven’t gone premium yet! I need to use teaspoons and Tablespoons for ingredients or foods, when I don’t get that choice. I think ALL foods should have that! Beef I’ve had trouble with, therefore my numbers are not correct. However this is one manager that’s not hard to use, I love I can try before subscribing. I’m hoping to subscribe but not until they fix this stuff. I’ve even tried to send reports but that won’t work either. I’ve found specific foods that are totally incorrect!! Now on some things I have to check the actual label on my food. Organic salad mix from WalMart and Sams, way way wrong in this calculator!! 

Like 1
    • Cherie
    • Ch_rie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

icinderella not for me it isn’t, when I try, I get pop up asking me to subscribe for premium, it reads it’s only for premium. Hmmmm

• Cherie
    • Ch_rie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

JustFurKids Carol is this a recipe only you can see, or can it be shared? I’ve got some awesome recipes of my own I’ve created I’d love to share. Gives everyone more variety.

• Cherie
    • Ch_rie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Linda Gerace this app has a lot of defects to it!! They need to fix this app! I’ve tried even reporting many things, it won’t even let me do that. Until big changes I won’t go premium until then. I can’t choose my own measurements either. I need tablespoons or teaspoons and it wont give me that choice, many items not even grams from weighing the foods. I cannot get accurate numbers. But I like this app, wish they would fix this stuff.

Like 1
    • Hokiemom
    • Hokiemom
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

icinderella Agreed - this works to edit recipes

• Linda Gerace I'm having the exact same problem.  When I import a URL for a recipe the macros are all wrong.  I've tried tweaking the servings but the macros are still way over.  How did you make this work?  Thanks in advance!

• Dana
    • Dana.11
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

loralynette you choose edit recipe, click on ingredient and change the amount. I do it all the time and I’m not a premium member. 

• Dana
    • Dana.11
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

tinalittle23fc it’s not premium. I use it a lot and I’m not premium member. However import bu url is premium. I don’t use that I just input the recipe manually. 

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 26Replies
  • 7596Views
  • 16 Following