I am 4 days in and trying to lose approximately 50 lbs. Have not hit ketosis yet. My hunger has lessened and hope it am on the right track. 

10replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

How many net carbs are you at and I would suggest a precision x meter if your serious about ketones. The urine sticks are fine at first. If your at 20 net, you may want to test urine in evening before dinner. That may show better. It can take days but I would say you should be any day now provided your not over 20 net. ( no artificial sugars or sugar alcohol products, try to avoid) and Atkins products if following ketogenic  

Like 1
  • I hit ketosis today.  20-22 net carbs daily.  Headache has set in hoping that stops soon. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

dsanborn160a02 YOu hit the keto flu. Hang in there. Follow tips for keto flu. I also stopped taking pure magnesium supplements as I found that was giving me headaches and stuck with basic mineral tabs with multi minerals and potassium.  

• I take the magnesium in the am and don’t seem to have a issue with headaches from that. I had more of the brain fog. Today is the 9 th day and I have lost 9.6lbs. Feel confused about how many carbs, is it net carbs or total carbs. I feel full and don’t have hunger. Added MCT yesterday and love it. Just wonder if I am counting carbs correctly. I guess the scales will tell me in a week. Trying not step on them every day. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

dsanborn160a02 Typically ketogenic follow net carbs 20 or under. Some start higher then work their way into 20 net which is probably what I should have done in the begining. This is for pure health reasons, total fat fueling using your body fat storage and adding extra fats when needed. Sometimes you can be in ketosis with more carbs. Low carb followers do exactly that low carb and probably total carb counts. This option to track net and total carbs is in the app. 

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

dsanborn160a02 Try to wait two- theee weeks before weighing. It does help the mind set. I had to literally put mine out of site. Much temptation. 

• Tina Sanchez
    • Sales Associate
    • karlavsdenny21da64
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

When your hungry eat pecans or munch on pork rinds 

Put 1/2 tsp in a gallon of water this will provide you with minerals 

and also you can add a pinch of cream of tarter. 

• Tina Sanchez half a teaspoon of what to water?  Salt?

• jim7567g
    • jim7567g
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn what about erythritol?  I thought I read somewhere that it was a keto friendly sweetener.

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

jim7567g Essentially it is, but for some ketogenic followers, having that causes a reaction to make us want more more more. Experiment, see what your body tells you. I do ingest it very rarely if I need my fix, but it appears I have better success without any artificials. I think about it this way also, is it really pure food? 

Like 1
Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 262Views
  • 5 Following