Low carb, but not keto

If you are just doing low carb and not keto, how many carbs do you eat daily? Do you track anything else besides total carbs? Do you track total carbs or net carbs?

12replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I just started, I am tracking net carbs. I am trying to stay at 20 -23 carbs a day.

Like 1
  • patdesselle31827c4 

• crystalsparks43ccf6 thank you! I’m still figuring everything out

• Hi! I’m trying to stick to 15-30g carbs per meal/snack which is not low carb for the day but is good for me to transition (I was eating so many carbs before and when I have reduced them quickly in the past I have had headaches which I’d like to avoid). 

Like 1
  • Also I track and try to think about protein and fat bc I do notice that I am fuller longer when I choose high protein and high fat foods.

• I’ve been trying to stay under 20 a day but so far I haven’t quite made it

• who4fan
    • who4fan
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just started today. I have my net carbs set to 5%, which is 25 g. I have my fat set to 60% and protein to 35%. Hope that helps! I just want to add that although this is my first day on this app, I am not new to low carb. That ratio works pretty well for me.

• Artful_Dodger
    • By the time I’m thin, fat will be in!
    • Artful_Dodger
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there! I just started today and I’m starting with low carb, moderate fat. My net carbs are set at 75g while I settle in.

For me, when something becomes habit instead of a chore, I find when I make a slight change (in this instance, bringing my net carbs down further) it is much easier to transition and stick with. 😊

Like 4
  • I was a carbaholic.. I try to stay between 30-40 total carbs each day. I lost 5 pounds in the first week. Starting week two. Good luck!

Like 1
    • Jaginpdx
    • Jaginpdx
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’ve just started this with medical

supervision. They recommend keeping carbs below 100 and getting proteins above 100.  

Also, my daily calorie burn if I’m sedentary is around 1450, so I’m just hoping to get that down to 1000-1200 in a way that is sustainable  

Like 2
    • fanoffox2
    • fanoffox2
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, I’m sticking to 47 grams or less of carbs per day. I count net carbs.

• I ate nothing but bread and pasta before low carb dieting, so I had to settle in as well. I started at 50 g a day. Once that became easier, I moved to 40. Now I’m at 30 and still rocking it! It gets easier as you get more accustomed to the diet. I’m going to move down to 25 soon! 

I started Jan 1st and have lost 5 pounds, which was all in the first week and a half. I wouldn’t weigh in too often or you may get discouraged. Once a week or every two weeks is more than enough!

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 514Views
  • 12 Following