Advice on exonegous ketones, keto os and perfect keto? Worth it? Does it really help?

15replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Following

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There’s an old post quite lengthy, on this very subject. If I find it first I will post where it is. If you find it please do the same as it’s a subject that interests others.

Like 1
    • CandyFat
    • CandyFat
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Love Keto//OS!! 

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

beautifymeraigonb077  found this heading under Keto Diet with 22 replies

big-question-about-exogenous-ketone-supplements

if you do read it please post on here that you have:  to encourage others like me who spend  some of their time trying to help. Just want to ensure you find what you need.

Like 1
  • Joanna  Thank you so much for the info, and time spent finding it. There is much to learn choosing this lifestyle and I am glad there are others out there who can help answer some of the questions that arise. 

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

beautifymeraigonb077 you’re more than welcome 💐

there is such a lot to learn, totally agree. Best wishes.

• I have listened to allot of shows talking about it and read lots. I tried perfect keto myself. Most agree that it doesn't help with weight lose at all. But it can help relieve keto flu problems while adapting. Also can give metal clarity and energy when a boost is needed. Also can be helpful for people with health issues where they need more ketones than their body makes.

Like 2
  • Following

• My husband is a doctor and he says that eating ketones is not the same as the body making them.  You will only trick your ketone sticks and be dissapointed.  I bought two jars (exonegous ketones) of this in different flavours; they cost over $100 dollars.  The Amazon blogger said they tasted great....they LIED.

If you really want to do something helpful try Metamucil 100% Natural Psyllium (get the no sugar one).  I purchased the orange one and it tastes great and is easy to drink.  You take two tsp before you eat and it will expand in your stomach helping you to eat less, it also binds fats which helps lower you cholesterol levels.  They even give a dosage for lowering cholesterol levels helping to prevent heart attacks.

It is also helpful if you are (maybe at a friends house) and need to stay on your diet but they are not serving anything you can eat.  Just drink a glass of Metamucil and You will not feel hungry.

It is recommended to take 1 to 3 times a day.  

Like 3
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Beverly Avery Keto followers need fat to fuel their system, so besides helping going #2 , not sure I would be interested in using this as a filler”.  My body is now burning cholesterol.  Most practitioners don’t believe in ketogenic high fat liefestlyes. There is a new wave of practioners coming around however, but most are “quiet” with their thoughts because it goes against the grain of what they were taught. 

Like 4
  • Hi, I am new in this diet and  would like to know what is better, eating bacon with a olive oil tbsp or bacon with a MCT oil tbsp?. I do not understan the diference if both of them is oil.

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cmartinezgarcia0f48 stick to natural oils from nuts and olives.  Mct I personally don’t advise, some may disagree. My success was without extra mct that didn’t come from a package. 

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn Beverly Avery my bloods are amazing thanks to eating fats ~ my cardiologist called my cholesterol “perfect” - now no longer under his care 🙌 ~ the damage I have done over the years eating low fat, low calories and tears cried I won’t go into. My hair, nails and skin ~ all outward measurements, are also vastly improved.  It takes some believing but the mounting evidence is out there for the curious of mind and for the desperate of body.

• shastko
    • shastko
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cmartinezgarcia0f48 

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Beverly Avery  I forgot to add I totally agree with him on the subject of eating ketones, it is not the same as our bodies producing them. I am happy to continue on my learning journey, I just have to learn to be particularly careful to get balanced, well studied, documented & accredited opinions before applying them to how I live my life as I swallowed the whole low fat, low calorie ideal for far too many years.

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 1219Views
  • 10 Following