Day 2 and I'm overwhelmed

Hi,

My name is Lori.  I am 48 years old.   This is day 2 for me.   I am feeling so overwhelmed and I have a ton of questions.

My allowances are:  

• 13 g total carbs
  • 83 g fats
  • 66 g protein

I am finding it terribly hard to eat the entire 83 g of fat when keeping within the 13 g total carbs.   

Is it necessary to consume the whole amount?  How?

I really do not have a support system and would love to have someone to rely on / be accountable to while I am on this journey.

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I was having the same problem my first week and a half. I've sort of more or less got it under control now that I'm in the second week. from what I've read you should be tracking net carbs rather than total carbs. total carbs include things you can't digest, so they shouldn't be applied against your allowance. if you change that I think you'll find that you grt about 30% more carbs that you're allowed to eat.

• dwhite262
    • dwhite262
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The first week is hard then it seems to all come together. I have been on Keto since Aug 17th. I set the same limits as you. I have lost about 11 pounds. I’m older so I am expecting to to take longer. I have found that the more active you become the more carbs and fat and protein you get to eat. I use my Fitbit It adds automatically to my limits. I love this way of eating. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 58Views
  • 3 Following