New Girl on the block

Hi Everyone. I am new to Keto.  I have looked after my weight for most of my adult life. I am 57, 5" 2' and now weigh 126 pounds. I am normally around 119 lbs but gained weight over the last year or so. I have managed to loose 5 lbs  but it has taken me 3 months playing at the keto / low carb. I and living in Lanzarote (Canary islands). I have found with the age  it is difficult to lose the extra pounds. So I thought I would give the CM a go. Still finding my way around the app etc. It takes a lot of planning ahead... is this normal or will it be easier. I am trying to be adventurous and try new recipes instead of sticking to  meat and veg or tuna salad.   . Is there any ladies out there who are in their late 50's and managed to lose the weight with Keto?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, 61 yo, loss and maintenance since 2017.  My advice is to keep it simple, don’t get caught up in numbers like percentages, ketones.  Pick the number of grams of net carb you want to eat( does NOT have to be <20g, can be up to 50g), then choose your protein and fat based on remaining calories (fat%>protein %).    Once you have the grams, simply keep to carb limit, always eat your protein, and fat for satiety/fuel.  If you feel good and are satisfied do not  eat extra fat just because you didn’t meet that goal.  In the beginning eat to satiety, don’t worry about calories those will sort out once you are in ketosis and fat adapted. I hope I didn’t confuse you:)

• KazPorter
    • KazPorter
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi  Migsmom

Thank you for the advice. No you didn't confuse me, Keep it simple sounds good advise to me. I am doing as you suggest getting my carbs correct then the rest hopefully will fall into place.😉

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 18Views
  • 2 Following