HELP! Mystery carbs????

Hello. We made bullet proof coffee today. Each ingredient individually measured as 0 net carbs each. But for some reason when we make it a recipe the app says the coffee has 9 net carbs. What’s the deal? How do 5 items with 0 net carbs (most with no carbs what so ever) equal 9 net carbs when combined?

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Without knowing all the items that you put in your Bulletproof Coffee, there is no way to tell. Also if you are using items listed in carb manager, that is where you're kidding carbs may be coming from. One thing I have found, is if something says it has zero carbs and I still accrue carbs using the item, it means that the recommended serving contains less than 1 carb, and if you add up all the carbs that are less than 1 carb you end up with carbs

Like 2
    • Karen M
    • Living, Loving, Working in the Permian Basin Oil Field
    • kmvause0386
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If a serving has less than .5 grams carb, they can list it as zero. I think that is the limitation. Anyhow, that is why carbs can suddenly appear in a recipe of supposedly zero carb items. Along the way, educate yourself on foods, especially those you eat a lot.

Like 1
  • If you use unsweetened coconut milk it  is 1 carb but 9? I don't know the answer.

• Without knowing exactly what you put in your coffee and the measurements, we can't give you a real answer

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ditto the above but there’s an amazing YouTube on the subject of what is best for adding to your coffee

https://youtu.be/iAv-1UHHjeg

• What is your five ingredients?   Getting up to nine makes no sense. Now if you’re looking at Net Carbs when adding ingredients, but showing total carbs in your recipe, then that might be the issue.  Especially if you’re using something with sugar alcohol.  Give recipe and I can try to help more. 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 261Views
  • 8 Following