Trouble with leg cramps

I keep having leg cramps. I drink power aid ion and take magnesium, calcium, vitamin D and potassium supplements twice a day and increased salt. The salt helps some. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do to help this problem? Any advice is much appreciated. I have read that in worse cases to increase carb intake. That would be a last resort. I really don't want to do that. I have these with every diet I have tried in the past.

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Ken S.
    • Master Chief (Ret.)
    • Kenspragins7378
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had leg cramp issues and tried everything under the sun including getting up in the middle of the night to eat a couple spoons of mustard, or drink pickle juice, or vinegar/water mixture. All of these were temp fixes that did help for a few hours. After months of searching for the answers, I ran across an article that addressed nocturnal leg cramps and some studies which indicated there could be a connection between cramps and statins. Spoke to my doctor, reduced the strength of statin I was taking, and guess what. My leg cramp issues went away. If your on a statin, talk to your doctor. Regards, Ken

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

try a healthy dose of potassium pills and vit c  2000-mg about hour before bed or with dinner. That may help. The potency of the potassium pills is prob low, 99mg? We need about 4500 mg per day, so take a good helping if the potency is low. I want suggest maybe around 500 mg or more for bedtime potassium.  Make sure to hydrate before bed also. See if that helps you. 

Like 1
  • I get leg cramps at night too. I added a multivitamin with mineral but still doesn't help. I think I'll try the higher potassium and vitamin C

Like 1
  • Ken S. no, i'm not on Statin

• Badmojomn yes the potassium in 99mg. I'll try vitamin C also

• laurieh12669f49 Me too

• Thank you everyone for responding.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 137Views
  • 5 Following