Help with understanding the Macros please

Hi, my first week so still trying to nail it. I accidentally over ate on protein but as I’d had virtually no carbs I used the slider in personal settings to up my protein allowance to what I had eaten, then matched the carbs and fat. ( which actually meant I had to just eat more of both)  

is this an acceptable way to proceed day by day?  Can I in this way have different ratios to suit as long as I keep the ratios balanced and the calories under as well? 

If so this makes it easier but my Keto stick showed few ketones when I went to bed. 

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • fkd383d
    • fkd383d
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just focus on eating fats, the protein will handle itself - shoot for 80% fats - choose MCT oil, butter, seeds, oils, etc

• fkd383d 

• linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Um. Not really. The first rule is only eat when hungry...were you hungry or just eating to get all your macros in? If you go over on something ( & protein was better than carbs) just brush it off and start fresh your next meal. Don't try to go back and " fix it". You are likely overeat and drive yourself crazy in the meantime. An example. I have been strict keto and eaten perfectly for over 2 weeks. This morning I woke up and ate a piece of French toast...dumb yes . feeling in my, yes. Beating myself up over it...no. Just will make sure my macros balance the rest of the day, week, etc.

Like 1
    • linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Also carbs is a maximum. You don't need to eat carbs to get to the measurement.  

Like 1
  • linrenep 

Thanks for reply.  Yes I think using the slider that way was encouraging me to eat more. 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 236Views
  • 3 Following