Temptations

Today I encountered temptation. I feel it would be helpful to share my experience, listen to others failures and successes, and plan & recoeve advice on anticipated temptations and challenges

14replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Jpudds
    • Jpudds
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Today at work we had a pizza party for a co-workers last day. I knew ahead a time. So i packed a keto friendly lunch and snack, made a sugar-free pecan crust cheesecake to share(so i could still feel included. After lunch brk the floor smellex like pizza

And it smelled divine. After about an hour of smelling pizzab i was unable to say no. So I scraped of the cheese and toppings on to a plate and devoured them w/spoon. I threw out tbe crust. I think i did ok even though my will power cracked

Like 3
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I was at agraduation party and a plate of cookies was put on the table... oh so hard not to take one!

• Oh my gosh! I can so relate! My son's birthday was yesterday (he's 8 years old) and I made him traditional boxed cupcakes with buttercream icing. OMG, it killed me to not eat any of them. Cupcakes are my ultimate kryptonite and normally I would have eaten 3, 4, 5, 6 cupcakes. It was so hard to look at them all day sitting in the kitchen and not eat one. The smell when they were baking was amazing. But I refrained! Major victory for me breaking my sugar sweet tooth. I've been on keto for over 3 weeks now and I haven't had any sugar, bread, etc. at all. No cheating. I've been measuring my blood ketones to be sure I'm in ketosis everyday. I'm still having a hard time overeating, eating too much fat and overall calories, but I am working on that. I needed to break my sugar addiction and just stick with a keto diet first, then work towards eating less fat bombs and other keto snacks. (Snacks are my biggest problem, especially late at night!). I just found the carb manager app and I'm excited because I think it will help make me more accountable for those snacks and overeating. I was previously using a different calorie tracker that wasn't specific for keto and it was difficult to see exactly how many net carbs I had eaten without having to take a math test. lol. This app will help me for sure, especially since I have the ability to import recipes directly from websites; I don't have to input ingredients manually which makes it much easier to see nutrition content in the foods that I log everyday. 

Like 3
    • Jpudds
    • Jpudds
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

That is awesome great job saying no to cookies and cakes. Those cupcakes sounded divine

Like 1
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dawn Jackson Great job--the addiction is hard to overcome.

Jpudds They did! To smell them baking,.. Very tough. I think I can smell them now, lol.

• linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dawn Jackson good for you and your willpower. Just know it does get easier. Its funny, I wanted French fries so bad...for months. Well after 4 months I had a carb up meal...And went for French fries. Just didn't taste nearly what I had remembered in my brain and easily stopped at just a few.

As far as overeating I found it helps to really concentrate on my eating. Sounds silly and simple but really makes a difference. Eat slow, chew thought and try to savor each flavor. Try to name the spices used etc. It made such a difference on how fast I got satisfied. I've now learned I don't need to be stuffed, just satisfied.  

Like 2
    • Jpudds
    • Jpudds
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

linrenep  thats fantastic that you didnt even need to finish your fries. Wow I am impressesd. I hope I get there someday.

• Jpudds
    • Jpudds
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So today I made crustless pizza. The carbiest part of this in the sauce. I found a sauce with 3 net carbs per 1/4.cup.  Which is not a lot of sauce, so i cut the sauce with melted garlic butter, getting 3 carbs per 1/2 cup. I hadn't noticed this tip on any of the keto recipes i looked up and wanted to share it.

Like 1
    • linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jpudds sounds like you handled it perfectly. This way of eating isn't meant to punish and test us but to find better ways of eating and that's just what you did. 

Dawn Jackson I don't know about cupcakes and birthday cakes but there are wonderful ice cream and muffin and the best chocolate chip cookie  receipes ( some favs of mine are on keto connect.net). We can all learn and maybe take something keto with us.

• linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jpudds I just leave the sauce off and add extra cheese. Its great that way too.

• linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jpudds I have a great pizza crust ( if you like chicken). Its a can of chicken, 1/3 c Shedded parmesean and 1 egg. It has less then 1 carb and tastes great.

Like 1
  • I made a pizza crust tonight with mozzarella cheese, a little bit of Parmesan cheese, two eggs, a little bit of garlic powder and basil. Mix it all together baked it for 20 minutes and then added pesto, more cheese, pepperoni, a little bit of onion and red bell pepper. Baked it another 10 minutes. It was so delicious I could not believe it.  Only 2 1/2 weeks into keto and having success so far!

Like 1
  • Dawn Jackson what device do you use to track ketones, and do you like it? I've been dazed by all the options and I know they don't all work. 

• Jpudds u did awesome.  We can have cheese it may have had a Lil sugar in the sauce but nothing that I think will kick u out of Ketosis great job! 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 14Replies
  • 215Views
  • 7 Following