Love the keto diet, it's my third month!

Hi everyone, my name's Vanessa, I love being on a keto diet, seen incredible results, lost 15 lbs in the first month, I do it together with intermittent fasting, I eat twice a day. Together they work wonders. 

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Vanessa. I’ve had a similar experience and feel much better.  I love the fact that I am rarely hungry eating this way.

• Vanessa
    • Feruza
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Gina Do you do intermittent fasting with keto? I mostly try to keep 16:8 schedule, and it's working well so far. I'm experimenting with a lot of recipes, it's so much fun. Trying to perfect my keto breads.

• Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Vanessa Yes, I find I prefer 2 meals a day because I’m rarely hungry in the morning.  I hit a stall in my second week and stretched my fast to 20 hours, but most days 16:8. I also like variety in my meals and feel it helps keep me from stalling in my weight loss.  I find the new recipes keep the diet interesting.  I check out Pinterest often for new ideas.  I have not ventured into the Keto breads.  Are they worth the effort?

• Vanessa
    • Feruza
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Gina Some of them are. I found almond flour and coconut flour to be especially good for breads. Do you crave for breads or are you just fine without them? How long have been on keto?

• Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’m just in my sixth week.  I’ve used almond flour as a breading, but have not tried breads yet.  I have  several muffin recipes that are appealing, but I wasn’t sure the bread recipes would be good.  So many have mixed reviews.  Also, my carb count keeps going down as I lose weight and I hate to reduce vegetables for bread.  Although it would be nice to have occasionally. I really have not felt deprived because there are so many great tasting foods I can eat and I’m not hungry.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 33Views
  • 2 Following